Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
What are the differences and which would you recommend?

Silver Frost 2000 SVT #1443 of 2150 http://photos.yahoo.com/hpick1
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Heat range (22 is colder than 32).

Center electrode - fine wire (FS) vs. broad tip (PP). Both are platinum ground and electrode.

You have a 2000 SVT - get the 22s as that heat range is appropriate for your engine.

Oh yeah, and shorten that sig; it's obnoxious.

Last edited by PA 3L SVT; 09/09/02 11:46 PM.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Would there be any advantage in putting the 22s in an E0 SVT engine? I have the 32s in now. Also, same gap? I might be changing those plugs again soon. Last question...fine wire vs broad tipped...which to use? What's the difference? I know the physical difference, but I'm interested in longevity/power differences. I have read other posts on this subject and am still not clear on this. Thanks!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Putting a colder plug in an engine that doesn't require it is only going to get you fouled plugs. Stick with the correct heat range (32s for anything not 00 SVT). Now if you are chipped and have extra timing, the colder plugs might be worth a try.

Unless you've done cylinder pressure changing mods (turbo, s/c, juice, or increased compression) you should follow the gap on your emissions sticker under the hood, which says .052" - .056" IIRC.

As far as broad vs. fine wire, that is something that I'm not sure about.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Right on, thanks for the quick answer man.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Fine Wire reduces the amount of voltage required by the ignition to fire a spark. That's why the smaller the center electrode the better performance you achieve. Denso Iridium is by far the smallest electrode on the planet at .04mm, than NGK Iridium at .07mm and so on.

I gapped my plugs at .054...

I'd like to mention that I have the AWSF22FS and it sure don't look to me to have a platinum cap on the ground side and I know I got the part# right, I'm looking at the box as I'm righting this. I could be wrong by as viewed by my naked eyes I didn't see any platinum on ground though I sure hope that's not the case and my eyes we're just deceiving me

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com

Link Copied to Clipboard