Page 1 of 2 1 2
#432552 09/09/02 11:00 AM
M
Mancho Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Alright, I already told you guys my problem about the wobbling and swaying and i bought some koni's to solve it and it did but one thing i realized that at higher speeds when i jerk the "ONLY" right the rear end likes to whip out from left-to-right....when i jerk the wheel a little left it does not do this...Can someone help me out a little ??? thanks mancho

04 Blue WRX -Rota Subzero's 17in gold,Cobb Tunning Stage 2 93 octane, tein springs, 3in -turboback with magnaflow muffler + 1 resonator 2 1/4 up-pipe Former owner of Conniethecontour 99 CSVT...My first love
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Are they adjusted the same? Could one Koni be real stiff and the other loose? Check all you bushing's and make sure they are all in good shape. Otherwise, don't jerk the wheel at that speed. I wouldn't! Are you wanting the rear to come around or not!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Check the rear trailing arms. I had this same prob. "back end swinging out" and it turned out one of the arms had a bend in it. If that's the problem the part is only 65.00 from ford, if it's only one side, and they charged me 33.00 to put it on.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I had the same thing happen following a Tow on a flatbed. They hooked my car up by the rear control arms, and bent them badly.

Not a pretty site.

- Zack

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
M
Mancho Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Alright....I will have to say that when i was doing my struts.....I did see that one of my (not sure of the name) but where the rear sway bar hooks up too...is kinda of not so stiff....and what is that called?? I am not sure thanks guys

04 Blue WRX -Rota Subzero's 17in gold,Cobb Tunning Stage 2 93 octane, tein springs, 3in -turboback with magnaflow muffler + 1 resonator 2 1/4 up-pipe Former owner of Conniethecontour 99 CSVT...My first love
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ask Tim or Dave to look at your rear control arms and see if they are bent. Tim's were from sitting the car on jackstands via the trailing arms. Big NO NO!
Luckily I was able to remove them and straighten them for hiim at work.

It does sound like one or both of yours are bent too. Did anyone jack up the rear end from these?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
Mancho Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I dont think anyone has jacked up the car from there...but im not sure.....but for my first question I found out those are just the endlinks....are they suppose to be stiff because if so I dont think mine are....I have to get rear brakes soon so i was wondering is there new endlinks i could get that are better or could i just get new bushings...?? thanks

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Those aren't the endl links. End links are attached to the sway bar.

Speculating what your problem is will keep us going around in circles. Just let Dave, Tim or myself look at the car and really see what's wrong with it.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
get the toe set on the rear properly. Then check to make sure the tire pressures are the same.

I would then check your cross weights (do you have any heavy junk (subs, battery etc) in the back?

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Had a somewhat similar problem in the rear....it was very jumpy/irratic but also had the famous clunk.(99svt) After many hours and new parts(struts,stabilizer links etc etc)found that is was the tie rod bushing that attaches to the chassis on the left side. Found this during strut replacement....replaced it...clunk is gone and back is very stable over bumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard