Next Thread
Print Thread
#432506 09/09/02 05:43 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
well, i went to do the plugs and wires today. it started out alright. excuse the spelling. i took off the upper planum, coil pack. did the plug exchange and wire exchange. started putting everything back on. i actually moved the ecr valve for easy movement of the planum, so i had to put that back on too. so im putting in the very last screw... and "tink, tink... tink" i drop the damn tihing into the engine bay. well, sounded like it might have hit the ground, so i takes a look. found a screw, not the right one. so now i am stuck looking for this screw. i spend 45 mins looking for the screw. i suspect it is on the trans somewhere since that is directly under that valve, but i cant see or hear it when the car moves. i shake car vigorously to try and get it loose. nothing. so then i spend another 45 mins looking for a replacement. i find one, put it on and breathe a sigh of relief. so i go to take her for a ride and as soon as i back out and punch the gas a bit... the revs jump to 4k, and hang there about 3-4 secs. and im thinkin, not cool. when i get to the next stop sign, i take my foot off the gas and notice the car is creeping forward faster than usual. it then hits 15mph, 20mph, all the way up to 40mph.. then i stopped, i was in a residential. so i go back try to see what i messed up. everything looks normal. finally i realize i accidently screwed the gasket on crooked, leaving about 1/16" room for air. obviously the car computer saw that and automatically fed it more gas. then took it for a test drive after fixing that and my job which should have been done 2 hours proir, was now finished. luckily for me, the lions suck and i didnt miss anything.

1998 Sport Contour, A4 2000 WS6 Trans Am, M6
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Mine is almost as bad. I took the car out the other night during the rain. She was running good when I was moving, but from a stop, its like I had ten A/C systems on. It just wouldn't go. So, I get home, pull the intake to see if the ram air sucked any water. The air filter is as dry as a bone. Ok, so I check the wires, 3K ohms on 1 and 2, 2K on 3, and 1K on 4. Well within what my Chilton's says is bad (6K/ft). So I set them aside, and go grab some tools to inspect my spark plugs to see how the car is running. I take out 4 and 3 without any problems, then I hear a slight snap on two , and again on one! I haven't broken a spark plug in years, and now all of the sudden I break two!?!

The plugs looked like they were burning fine. Sorta beige/red tint on them, but otherwise almost as clean as they were when I put them in.

So tomorrow I get to go buy new plugs...

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by chrisregets:
luckily for me, the lions suck and i didnt miss anything.

Yeah they do!!!! I have James Stewart on my fantasy team. Why is it that on saturday night every source said that he was going to start but at game time he was nowhere to be found????

Link Copied to Clipboard