Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Hopefully you'll let us know how they went ...

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
N
N
I'll be interested to hear your impression of the Mintex 1144's. I've had mine in for some time along with slotted rotors.

They really do stop very well and seem to be fade-resistant. You really have to watch out on your initial cold stops or if it's really rainy. The 1144's want to be slightly warm to work properly, and if they're cold and wet you can have a heart-in-the-mouth moment if you need to stop quickly. E.g., when you leave the car wash or if it's raining heavily and you've been parked, ride the brake pedal just a little to get some heat in the pads and rotors so the water evaporates off them.

As far as dusting, the Mintex are as dirty or a bit dirtier than stock SVT pads. Rotor wear is a tad higher than with stock pads; I've noticed it more on the rear rotors.

Overall, since I don't track this car I would not put them on again as daily driven brake pads because of the wet stopping thing.

Regards,
Ned M.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow. 99 SVT Contour (For Sale) 93 RX-7 R1 04 RX-8 GT
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I am very impressed with the Mintex 1144. I autocrossed the car extensively, and feel that they were an improvement over the stock pads. The stock pads are very good, mind you, so the improvement wasn't drastic, but I thought that initial bite (once warm, as Ned pointed out) was more pronounced.

I had a mechanic do a pretty radical alignment on my car, and then take it for a test drive. He loved the car(handling/power/comfort), but commented that the brakes really grabbed hard, too hard, in fact, for his tastes. I guess I have just gotten used to the bite, and don't drive them the same on the street as the track. I noticed I really ease into them, and then once they have hooked, apply the pressure needed to scrub speed.

I also agree with Ned on the dust. Major dust! Everywhere. I have taken a page out of the Zaino book and treated the wheels one day, and that seemed to not only cut down on the accumulation, but also make it a bit easier to hose them off. The E0 wheels are a bonus in that regard, as there aren't any real nooks and crannies to fiddle with. I wouldn't recommend the pads if you have OZ Superleggas or something similar

I think Ned is spot on with his observations. Not really a good street pad, but I think it can pay dividends on the track/autox course. I do like the pads, though my wants/needs are a bit extreme to compared to most.

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard