Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Who has the metal impellar waterpump from BAT? How many miles does it have on it now? The reason why I ask is I need to change my coolant and if I am changing the coolant I will change the water pump and belt. I am trying to decide weather to by the metal one or just replace the stock one every 3 years/coolant change just to be safe.

00 SVT #555 of 2150 Built 11/24/99 Bought 12/23/99 T-Red/Tan Some Mods
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
NAPA sells the metal impeller water pump also and it costs a little over $50.

I have the part number for ya......................at work.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
The NAPA part number is: 125-1910 $50.99 It's thier Dura Pro line. Belt is 25-030267 $13.35

At least that's what I paid for mine today in Michigan.

One questions though. Do you have to worry about corrosion due to the dissimilar metals? In this case the steel of the impeller and the aluminum of the block and heads?

Cranky
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
how much does this usually run in terms of installation, for a shop to do (or even FORD, if they don't put up a fight about it)? I'm at 5yr's, 50k, and replaced the coolant twice or more (can't remember), the fan hasn't sh@t on me yet, even though I have an E0.

Suneil

S
New CEG'er
New CEG'er
S
Just get a metal impellar water pump and install it yourself. When done put back the coolent that was lost about a gallon if I remember right, and you're good to go.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Just FYI: The new white plastic impellor works just fine. The black plastic one had inherant flaws from the beginning.

I'm running with the white one. Less rotating mass, too.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
Just FYI: The new white plastic impellor works just fine. The black plastic one had inherant flaws from the beginning.

I fully agree w/Chris. The metal Impellar will definately put more of a load on the cams and could possibly affect a tad performance at the benefit of longer pump life.

By the way, Thanks Chris for the info on the revised plastic pump. I wasn't aware of it.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

When did Ford switch to the white impeller? Would it be OEM on my 99 SVT?

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
where can i get this white impeller? ford part?

do i already have it on a 2k SE?

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

Wow, I've been screaming this for months - nice to hear someone else say it for once.

The black impeller blew. Sometimes it broke on its own. I don't think the white impeller kills itself, but ...

The back of the pump sucks too (cone something or other), and if that goes it can kill either the white or black impeller, and the metal impeller won't do much good once it stops spinning.

Unless you buy the Ford pump, you don't get the rear of the pump so you're still on borrowed time if you have a bad cone, even with a metal impeller. If your cone is fine and you have a black impeller (how many could possibly be left?), you need a metal pump at your first possible chance. The best way to check any of this is to pull your pump out and look at it.

This is what I've taken from the million water pump threads. I've only seen my water pump once (50k white impeller now, had 24k on it then) and I didn't know what to check at that time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard