Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#428993 09/05/02 04:52 PM
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
My birthday is Friday, and now every year my b-day is going to lead up to the saddest day in recent American history.

My best friends birthday is September 11. I don't think anyone I know will have a hard time remembering his B-day!

1998 Silver Frost SVT Purchased 01/10/02 Mods so far: -Fidanza aluminum flywheel -Clutch upgrade -Clarion ProAudio system, DSP, 13 Band EQ -Autolite Titanium Plugs
#428994 09/05/02 04:57 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
D Davis I'm sorry for your loss and anyone else who might have lost anyone!

My statement was vague and misdirected! Those who have been directly affected by terrorism and the losses associated with the attacks, OKC, Embassy bombings, WTC, the Pentagon, the military, and a few other incidents, appear to be the only ones concerned about future terrorism.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#428995 09/05/02 08:25 PM
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I remember waking up that morning to the phone ringing. My wife just called and said "Turn on the tv, I'll call back later. Gotta go." I was like WTF? So, I turned on the Tv and was completely in disbelief from what I saw. I was scared Sh*tless too because my wife worked at the preschool at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton. They always said that if there was an attack on America that it would be there, so I was so scared I couldn't even think straight. Luckily, the instant it happened, they sent all the civilians home, so got home right after I really figured out what was going on. I pray that I an never that scared ever again in my life.

My headlights will be on & I will spread the word!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
#428996 09/05/02 08:30 PM
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Simple curiousity, but isn't Dayton, Ohio a little too inland to be a center of attack?

2000 Black Contour SVT
#428997 09/05/02 08:54 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I had to stay in work till 9am that morning for an engineering meeting. I normally get out at 7am so I was pretty tired driving home. I remember everything about that day, one work colleague ahead of me on the drive home, one behind me, the two troopers on the highway clocking speeders.

I got home and and flicked on the TV as normal to watch TV for a few minutes before going to bed. I'll never forget what I saw....the towers on fire.

That was probably the worst day of my life. I am used to seeing the effects of terrorism (I grew up in Ireland) but this was America, those things were not supposed to happen here. I still get queasy watching that footage on TV.

Sorry for rambling..

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
#428998 09/05/02 10:32 PM
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
In between homework I saved clips and snapshots of video that day. Some sad stuff. Here it is. link

#428999 09/05/02 11:57 PM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
I think this is very much a situiation like the Kennedy asination was for a previous generation. We all will remember where we were and what we were doing when we first heard. I myself was just showing up to drive players at the Red Wings training camp when a friends mom who runs concessions asks me if I've heard the news, and then tells me we're being bombed, they hit the twin towers and they think the pentagon too. I stood around a tv with about half of the Red Wings watching things unfold. Only day in my life I think that I listened to talk radio all day. It was very interesting to hear how the foriegn guys talked, they were just as mad as any american there, and just as in shock. This year, there is no training camp on the 11th. At the resort I work at, there was a line out the door from people coming in from grounded flights that landed at our airport. That night I think it was, I drove a lady to her condo who was among the grounded, she lived in Manhatten, also drove a guy who worked in the towers on a semi regular basis.....made things very real to me. I still get chocked up whenever I read a personal account of what happened from someone close to it. May we never forget what happened that day, nor the people who died needlessly.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
#429000 09/06/02 12:16 AM
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Dayton isn't much farther inland than Cleveland, and one of the planes made it that far. The instant the first plane hit, the base went to high alert and were ready to shoot down any plane within a 15 mile radius of their airspace...There are most likely still enough nukes pointed there to end the world. Not to mention there were terrorism theats to the large Middle-eastern peace talks that were held there.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
#429001 09/06/02 01:41 AM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
In reply to:

I have never been in NYC, but has it really become a tourist destination, as mentioned above, or is it simply a country's way of coping; of becoming a part of it; of understanding the scope of what happened? People flocked to OKC as well, but I never viewed it as a tourist destination. It

These are not peopel going there to leave flowers and stuff....these are people wearing shorts/tshirts/sneakers and snapping pictures at everything they can like it's disney land. NYC maps in hand. Obviously tourists.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#429002 09/06/02 03:59 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
These are not peopel going there to leave flowers and stuff....these are people wearing shorts/tshirts/sneakers and snapping pictures at everything they can like it's disney land. NYC maps in hand. Obviously tourists.

That is sad, then

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard