Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#428983 09/05/02 02:35 AM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yeah me too..my birthday is tomorrow, it'll always being memories of this.

It's gone way too fast..I can't believe it's been a year. I remember it like it was yesterday too. Hell I was suppsoed to be within a few blocks...luckily, me being me, I slept late and never made it. My friend called me on the phone to see if I was there or not, took a few seconds to get a word out of him. I was like WTF do yo uwant man!?

I walked past the site a few weeks ago, there was a microsoft seminar I had to go to on 8th Ave, and I took the wrong train back to the ferry. It must have been 95 degrees that day and I was getting chills walking past. It really is horrifying. And the most disgusting part of it all is how it's now a tourist attraction

HEADLIGHTS ON 9/11

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#428984 09/05/02 02:47 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
We were coming home from our honeymoon(married Sept 7th) at around 12 noon on Sept 11 when my wife and I heard about it. We stayed in a cabin for 4 days and had no TV/radio, and our cell phones were out of range. When we left we were listening to CDs until we got a call from her mom when we got closer to Columbus. My wife started crying, I thought it was because her mom was in the hospital or something. Needless to say my wife did not want to go back to our apartment(we live near an airport) so we had to go to her mom's house to watch the news. Very sad.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
#428985 09/05/02 04:16 AM
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I remember my physics teacher casually mentioned the planes crashing and then went on with his lesson. It wasn't until after 10:00 that I learned what really was going on. All my other classes (except math with the same teacher) were focused on the day's events. We couldn't even watch it on TV in class; since the school's under construction and the cable wasn't hooked up.
And to think I still managed to have homework on that day; I couldn't even watch the news at home.

#428986 09/05/02 04:49 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
The mayor of Philadelphia came on the radio at noon and said the following: "Do not come into Philadelphia today, unless it is absolutely necessary or you are emergency personnel. If you are here and don't need to be, go home now."

I had class at Temple that evening but didn't go. Like I could concentrate on a lecture about finite state machines that evening. School was never officially cancelled but many professors cancelled class on their own. The mayor's words were all I needed, and I wanted to be at home that evening.

Of course, my prof (who is Vietnamese) held class, collected homework, and assigned new homework. All but two students in the class (me and another guy) were foreign Pakistani, Indian, or Chinese nationals, and they all showed up.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm no racist, but I had trouble accepting this group of people treating Sept 11, 2001 as just another day at school. I no longer attend Temple University, and that was a big reason why.

#428987 09/05/02 05:35 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I remember that day like it was yesterday...I woke up, heard on the radio that comeone crashed into the WTC, and didnt think much of it...all I thought was some idiot pilot...my first class was the usual (Phy Ed) but my next class, Power Systems, our teacher had a big lecture, and told us that the world would never be the same. Then after lunch we had a freshmen meeting, and our Drama director and VP told us all what had happened, which was about the first we had heard any of the details. None of my classes were usual, English we listened to the news and watched CNN, Algebra we did the same, in History we talked about terrorism, what causes it, how it will never go away, and whether we thought it would turn into a big war. Heh, I still remember exactly where I sat in all my classes. I didn't have my car that day because my mom needed to use it, so I had to walk home (a good hour+ walk) and I remember looking at things alot more closely. I live near a golf course so there's alot of trees and wildlife around, and I remember how beautiful I thought everything was that day, and how it could all change in a matter of seconds. Then that night, EVERYONE had to put gas on, and of course, so did we. Put gas on the BMW, the Mystique, and the 6000. Waited in line most of the night, then the Fargo Forum had a special edition newspaper out, with all the news of the day. I still have that paper, and will never get rid of it. It's painful memories, but it's now part of our country's history, and another challenge that we have pulled through. I still cant imagine the feeling of being on a plane, and knowing that it's the last thing you'll see. Terribly sad

#428988 09/05/02 06:59 AM
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
Yeah me too..my birthday is tomorrow, it'll always being memories of this.

It's gone way too fast..I can't believe it's been a year. I remember it like it was yesterday too. Hell I was suppsoed to be within a few blocks...luckily, me being me, I slept late and never made it. My friend called me on the phone to see if I was there or not, took a few seconds to get a word out of him. I was like WTF do yo uwant man!?

I walked past the site a few weeks ago, there was a microsoft seminar I had to go to on 8th Ave, and I took the wrong train back to the ferry. It must have been 95 degrees that day and I was getting chills walking past. It really is horrifying. And the most disgusting part of it all is how it's now a tourist attraction

HEADLIGHTS ON 9/11
I'm thinking headlights too. To show my respect.

2000 Tropic Green SVT Contour Back to stock.....? 1991 Mustang GT Oxford white Lots 'O Mods awaiting P1-SC this summer
#428989 09/05/02 12:15 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
The mayor of Philadelphia came on the radio at noon and said the following: "Do not come into Philadelphia today, unless it is absolutely necessary or you are emergency personnel. If you are here and don't need to be, go home now."

I had class at Temple that evening but didn't go. Like I could concentrate on a lecture about finite state machines that evening. School was never officially cancelled but many professors cancelled class on their own. The mayor's words were all I needed, and I wanted to be at home that evening.

Of course, my prof (who is Vietnamese) held class, collected homework, and assigned new homework. All but two students in the class (me and another guy) were foreign Pakistani, Indian, or Chinese nationals, and they all showed up.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm no racist, but I had trouble accepting this group of people treating Sept 11, 2001 as just another day at school. I no longer attend Temple University, and that was a big reason why.

FYI - Villanova didn't respond much differently. I had an 11:15 AM class on the 11th and not only was it not cancelled, they took attendance, and after a few brief words of concern said "We'll try to incorporate this into today's material."

F'ing BS...I couldn't believe that. I had to cease watching live news coverage of the largest terrorist attack in US history to attend an all-important session of 'Engineering and the Human Context'.

And they never did get around to incorporating anything that day, as you might have imagined.

'98 Silver Frost SVT - #2089/6535 Some intake stuff, exhaust stuff, suspension stuff
#428990 09/05/02 01:20 PM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I was in an accident with my brother in law (the fabled tour vs. tour wreck) on the 2nd, and my sister had a cast on her leg. We were in the Hospital, here on base, getting her ankle looked at when a nurse ran in the cast room and yelled "SHUT UP, SHUT UP.. LISTEN!!" and turned on the radio.. Live coverage of the events..

We walked into the waiting room for Orthopedics, and saw the news, live, on the TV. I saw the second plane crash, and never looked away from that moment on. Horribly tragic to see those people die that way.

I am completely ashamed of myself, now, because when it happened, and the towers began to collapse, I stared in amazement. Now, almost a year later, I finally realized that while I stood there staring, open-jawed.. There were thousands of people plummeting towards the earth, inside those buildings, and I never once thought of them, while it happened. I just couldn't take my mind off of those planes, or the buildings...

I was sad to see such a loss of life, and angry to know that it was purposely done. I get a sharp pain in my stomach still, even now, when I think about it.. I am in the military for a reason, and I can't WAIT to do something more for my country.

There have been alot of interviews with people who lost their family/friends on that day.. and one of them was my best friend.

Matthew Michael Flocco, 21, Newark, Delaware
aerographer's mate second class, U.S. Navy
Confirmed dead, Pentagon, at/in building

His father used part of Matt's life insurance money to buy an RV and move, permanately to the Pentagon, to help rebuild it.
His mother, Sheila, and Father will be on Larry King Live, and multiple other places.. Sheila still hasn't been able to cope.. she hasn't cried yet.. it isn't real to her.. Matt will come home someday, she still feels. Sad, too sad..

I will have my headlights on ALL DAY 9.11.02

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#428991 09/05/02 04:22 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ANDYW:
Sadly if you don't live on the east coast, you don't really worry about terrorism like us!
-Andy

Please don't generalize the rest of the country out of this by saying that. Some of us knew someone that perished in the Murrah Building in OKC. Some of us had mothers on the way to that building the very day it happened. Luckily, she wasn't there yet, but another family member was.

I'll never forget hearing Howard Stern talking about the WTC. I thought it was a piss-poor prank at first, but when I tuned a different station in and heard them talking about it, I knew something terrible had happened.

I'll never forget driving to work that day under completely empty skies. Not a plane or news chopper in sight - the day somehow seemed vacant...all to eerie.

Somehow I did manage to focus on the horror those poor souls in the buildings and in the planes must have felt. I still get choked up when they play commercials showing a little girl and how she was excited to go on a vacation with her mom...then saying her plane struck Tower 1. I can't imagine how it must've felt for the adults...how the children must've felt makes me want to ball up and cry. I guess being a father does that to you...

I have never been in NYC, but has it really become a tourist destination, as mentioned above, or is it simply a country's way of coping; of becoming a part of it; of understanding the scope of what happened? People flocked to OKC as well, but I never viewed it as a tourist destination. It was a common pain these people felt and knew no other way to defeat the internal demons left behind than to see it for themselves...a modern pilgrimage of sorts.

Headlights on for certain on 9/11...

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
#428992 09/05/02 04:27 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I lived about 15 miles north of Boston at that time. You could see the city from my balcony.
I can remember all day and night for about a week after the 11th, seeing and hearing fighter jets passing over my condo at extremely low altitudes. they were constantly patroling the airspace over Boston.

very real..very frightening.....

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard