Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I got three new mounts installed on my 95 se tour mtx. Both the front and reat svt mounts with the front mount having the inserts in them. I also changed the transmisson mount(svt) located under the intake wow what a difference! Haven't really gotten a chance to test it out yet becuase of the stupid rain but they feel good. I thought my power steering pump was going to but it was the mounts which were so bad putting pressure on the pump which now is better! But my question is now>>> Can it be so stiff that i feel the virbation of the motor on the steering wheel? What can that be?

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
What the cats gotten everyones tongue????????? 22 views no respnse? what the heck is going on?///

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
does your wheel shake all the time? under braking, acceleration, coasting, etc?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
My friend put a solid mount in his Neon. The steering wheel vibrated bad after he was done.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sounds like the engine is transferring the virbations into the steering wheel. Solid, or more solid mounts will do that to the car. As long as the vibrations are not under a specific event (i.e. braking) -Nick

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
when i'm at a light i tend to feel the virbations on the steering wheel but also when i'm turning to the right i get like this werid rubbing sound/ ??? now why is that ? and is there any way to correct the stiffness problem ??

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Did this help to cure any driveline lash?

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
The ZX2 S/R came with polyurethane inserts in the engine mounts that stiffened things up considerably. I was used to the vibration at idle and didn't realize how little isolation I had until I drove a friends ZX2. I would expect the effect to be the same for the 'Tour.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard