Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Oh man, what can I say. I love it!

I went for a ride in Chris Wong's supercharged SVT and it hauls ASS. It sounds sweet too. Now I need more power. I used to have a high 12 second 5.0 and I can swear that the top end power of this contour is equivalent to my 5.0 which had work done. I'm very very impressed.

Wish I had $$$$$. I'd get one in a heartbeat!

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'm actually debating to install a Vortech and using a Aquamist Water Injection w/water spray control unit. It helps to be a Vortech Distributor...

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
That would be very nice. Now all I have to do is get a ride in a turbo contour to see which I like more. I really liked the smooth power delivery of the supercharged contour. Nice..very nice.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Really cool isn't it? After riding in Marks car at spring zing I was hooked as well....you can hardly tell when you're really coming under boost, until you look down and you're approaching 120!! Really cool....really really cool.....

If i ever get the money I'm not sure whether or not I will go for a turbo or a SC though.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
what kind of ET was you friend running with his vortech on his svt i can get my hands on one really cheap and wondering it NOS is the way or blower is the way to go i heard you get about 100hp out of the blower and was it a pain to install it??? any info would be greatly aprreicated

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
It is a pain to install...but the choice is up to you. The SC is obviously more expensive but the power increase is always there as opposed to how long your bottle lasts...The lowest ET i've ever seen is 14.1 PhatSVT Ran it I think...that's for a supercharged contour. I think someone ran a 13.7 with a 100hp shot of nitrous, and it was a non SVT duratec too! The major problem is traction, not power. Again, these are not drag cars either. With 300+ hp at the crank, the tranny is inenough danger on street tires, strap on slicks and stuff WILL start to snap on you.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
yeah i can pick up the sc for 2700 and still thinking of what way is better i know that with a 100 shot of nos you can get into the high 13's but it is a pain to install that about 8hrs think i heard it takes and that is a gear drivin sc and you have to relocate your battery to the truck

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I think the s/c install runs about 12hrs or more. 2700 is an awesome price, and the new vortech kits haven't (yet) had the failures that the first vortech kits had. Make sure to ask Mark (worldtour) about his s/c oiling solution...something about a loop in the oil line...

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
BTW...where's Chris Wong? He hasn't posted about his new mod yet??? I'm going to go check his website.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Derek

I have been posting in the Eastern Canada section.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard