Next Thread
Print Thread
#425683 08/30/02 07:59 PM
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
im going to be picking up a 1990 sunbird turbo for my project car, ive been searching on the net, and the jbody forums for some info, but they seem to be clueless over there.. more interested with bodykits..

anyways, its a OHC 2.0 with a T2 turbo, non intercooled, with forged rods/pistons/crank, i plan on intercooling it, getting a bov, apexi boost and fuel controllers, intake exhaust blah blah, basically im gonna get this car into the 13's and just make my contour handle good

anyone ever own one of these, or have any info? seems to be hard to find, a rareish car as well, havent seen too many around

anyways, TIA

1995 SE V6 MTX 65mmTB, true dual exhaust, kkm intake, apexi-Safc, 70hp Nitrous Oxide, H&R/KYB,17" ace spades, tint, phantom grip LSD, Luk performance clutch *rip 1998 svt silverfrost september 11 2001*
#425684 08/31/02 07:21 PM
S
S
Don't know much about that specific car but I have been doing alot of work with my Daytona and learned alot of modding a car that already has a turbo.
Couple things you want to do first. 2 3/4 or 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust with same size downpipe and hi flowing dynomax muffler. This will keep back pressure down, keeps your wastegate from opening early and then you can up the boost. Dawesdevices.com makes a real easy grainger valve manual boost controller that is simple and cheap, and almost no spiking. Any questions just send me a PM and I can throw some more info your way

Ryan

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD 88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast) 87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!) Mods- 3 Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3 mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...

Link Copied to Clipboard