Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Just a heads up for those driving thru Allegan County Michigan.

Recently, local officials launched a new program call FAST (Fatal Accident Suppression Team). It is a partnership between State Police, Allegan Co. Sheriff and local police depts throught the county.

What FAST basically does is targets roadways that are deemed dangerous and spreads tons of cops in a given area, wheter it be a small area of a few miles of on an entire roadway.

Here is a link to the Allegan County Sheriff if anyone is interested: http://www.allegancounty.org/Sheriff/index.htm

Here is a recent press relase about the program

8-27-02 F.A.S.T. Event Deemed a Success

The Alliance for Safer Communitiesâ?? Fatal Accident Suppression Team recently identified the 58th St./Blue Star Highway corridor as one of Allegan Countyâ??s "most dangerous areas to drive."

As a result, the area was selected for intensive patrol on Tuesday, August 27, 2002, with 12 Officers from the Allegan City Police Department, the Michigan State Police, the Allegan County Sheriffâ??s Office, and the Otsego Police Department participating. The targeted behaviors for this patrol were speeding and failure to wear seatbelts.

Working together, these Officers effected 172 traffic stops on this single day, resulting in citations for 65 drivers for excessive speed, and for 75 persons who failed to wear a seatbelt. Several persons were arrested for driving with a suspended license or possession of controlled substances.

Coordinated follow-up patrols will be scheduled throughout the year for the same corridor to reinforce the compliance with traffic laws and to help make Allegan County a safer place to drive

Moderator of Stratusphere.org Midwest Boards 1995 Dodge Stratus ES
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I'll remember that when I'm headed to the meet Sat. down 131. I doubt their are too many CEGers driving Blue Star though.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I've seen this before...I think it's right around exit 65 or so on 131, whichever interchange it is that has the long, straight ramp. They'll have one trooper on the bridge shooting cars, then they'll have like 4 or 5 cars on the ramp ready to go. I crapped my pants one day headed to GR doing about 75, but they didn't come after me.

-Chris 93 ATX SHO Ultra Red Evil ATX clone to Todras 91 SHO plus black/black, work in progress http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard