Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BOFH Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'll be visiting the Baltimore area for two weeks starting the 23rd of September to take a class.

Was curious if there were any AutoX events on the weekend of the 28th and 29th. That way I know what kind of car to drive or rent when I get there

Since the employer is paying for the trip, I suppose I could travel a few hundred miles as well and get a room at company expense. (Gotta be close to the same cost as the room in the Baltimore area.)

TIA,

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Hey Tony,

I took a look at some of the sites nearby, but it seems that most of the clubs are holding events on the 22nd of September, not the 29th. I stopped looking when I got about an hour outside of Baltimore, but I will post the link, and perhaps you can noodle up one that is worth the drive.

SCCA Regions

Note: I don't know what kind of cars they let you rent, but I would highly suggest you stay away from a Monte Carlo. I took one of these to a CenDiv event outside of Chicago, and I have to say that I have never driven such a pig of a car. The thing moved out right nice, but when you went to turn in, the thing pitched and rolled light a rowboat on the high sea. Running a 5 cone slolam in the thing was a riot. The big beef I had with it was that you literally needed to book an appointment to stop this hulk. Need I mention that its secretary had taken the weekend off work?

I can't really think of a car I have rented in the last year or so (and I travel a lot) that I would recommend. Maybe a focus? You are definitely stuck with an automatic I'd say rent an econocar and go do H-Stock. Maybe a 6-cyl Mustang in G-Stock? Or heck, if you can get one, those 2.5 liter Altimas are niiiice. One of the few cars out there that will actually stick in whatever gear you put it in and just bounce off the rev limiter instead of shifting (*cough* don't ask me how I know that ) I rather like thrashing rentals. Mark my words... Don't ever buy a car that was a rental at one time... I might have driven it That's why I will stick with a standard tranny... no one rents those . Have Fun!

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard