Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Hi-

This does not pertain to my tour but my wifes tarus. Its a 98 and has ANTI-LOCK brakes on it.. My tour are normal brakes...

When I drive her car, I feel and hear noise in her brake pedal. You can NOT hear it outside the car at all? The brakes stop fine, in fact its raining here and I slammed them on today to test them and they stopped on a dime!!!

The noise sounds like air or sqooshing in the pedal? Like its building up pressure???? But sounds scratchy also at that? Its a strange sound?? If you know what I mean???

What could be making this noise at the pedal itself???

Not only can you hear it but you can feel it as well at your foot too. Could something be wrong with the ABS system????

Thanks for your help and info...

Spankey

Last edited by Spankey; 08/29/02 03:12 PM.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
ABS systems make the brake pedal shutter when it is engaged. Is it more than the usual pedal vibration under ABS breaking?

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
"P"
Thanks for your reply. No I know what the ABS engaged shuttering feels like the pedal almost thumps or taps while the abs is engaged......

This feels like something in the pedal grinding... Almost like there is a pump on the pedal and something is grinding insided the mechanisim and its making the sqooshy sound and feel... Like something is rubbing. I don't know, guess it should go in to the shop... Just am dredding that its something with the abs.. I know thats alot of mucho denero...$$$$$$$

Thanks for your time....

Spankey

Isn't it amazing how "SOMETHING" showed up THREE times inline in this reply.... GOSH I have way to much time on my hands....

Last edited by Spankey; 08/29/02 03:25 PM.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You might just be hearing the vacuum booster. If you stop the
engine and press the pedal until the boost is exhausted, does the
"air woosh" sound go away? If so, the air woosh is probably just
the vacuum booster doing its job.

Dunno what to tell you about the grinding, unless it is something
as simple as a dodgy bushing on the brake pedal pivot point.

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard