Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Well, if anyone has been keeping track, my last update was that I think I figured out the ECM was bad (due to my SVT engine not even cranking over, fuel pump not even turning on nor my starter motor engaging when the key is in the ON position) well, I got a new computer today and still the same thing, nothing when I turn the key! not a sound!
So I'm still at square 1.

Now my ONLY point forward is to change out the wiring harness that came with the SVT engine back to my old one to see if the wiring harness is bad. That will be done this weekend.

Had some thought about maybe it's the ignition switch, but if that was bad, wouldn't my fuel pump still turn ON when the key is in the ON position??? (before I even crank the car).

What about the clutch switch? do they go bad? Even though I never even touched it this entire time. It acts like when you crank the car without pushing the clutch in (minus the fuel pump coming on and the starter motor engaging).

What else could cause this???? What could go wrong this bad to stop the engine from even cranking over???? No fuel preasure as my fuel pump doesn't even come on no the starter motor from engaging. ALL other electrics are fine, radio, lights, wipers, dash ilumination, EVERYTHING works eccept for when I crank it, NOTHING HAPPENS!!!!! it's so frustrating its not even funny!

ANYONE please help!!!!

Simon W. Las Vegas. 96 SE V6 MTX Tereador Red - RIP! 1970 Mustang Coupe 302 4 barrell many mods.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
You'll probably need to get a wiring diagram and do some tests to see if things are getting power and tuning on/off. I'll assume you have already checked fuses. From the diagram I have, it looks like there is a big wire on the starter that should have +12V directly from the battery. There is a small Gy/Bk wire to the starter from the starter relay that should go to +12 when you turn the key.

Other stuff:

- F10 is for the ignition switch / starter relay
- Relay 6 is for the starter solenoid

The clutch pedal is possible, but my diagram (Haynes...) doesn't show it, except maybe as a shorting bar.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Are you using your original PCM & code? (even the new one)

Because an SVT PCM/code would have PATS.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Yeah, using my stock SE ECM so PATS is not an issue.

Checked ALL fuses/relays and they ALL have power, turning on/off etc when I turnthe key to on.

I'm going to try my old harness to see what that does andgo from there I think.

Simon W. Las Vegas. 96 SE V6 MTX Tereador Red - RIP! 1970 Mustang Coupe 302 4 barrell many mods.
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Does your vehicle have the factory anti-theft option, if so you may want to read the hanes manual on how to reset it. Probably not , but just a thought.

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
I keep thinking pats too but it really doesn't sound like it could be the problem. I wouldn't be surprised that when you go to replace the harness you don't find a pinched or snapped wire in the most remote locatoin. As always good luck.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard