Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
haven't had a chnce to try it out yet...it was pouring down rain when I got done From what i could tell though, was that the heat does not seem to have as much of an effect on performance as it did. I still have to adjust the pressure switch to control the boost level that it activates at, and I only have the smallest jet that they supply installed. Need to get on the dyno and see if it really makes a big difference.

Install was easy and the 1S kit is very complete. It has a harness that is ready to go, just plug in the pump, relay and make a few electrical connections. I just drilled a hole in the bottom of the windsheild washer tank and am using that.

I read on the net that alot of people just run washer fluid, and that is what I am doing. You just have to make sure it is Methanol based and not ethanol.

All I want to do now is wire in a bypass switch so I can turn the system off if I want and also a small light so I can see when the system is activating.

I will let everyone know if I feel any difference at all when I get it to the dragstrip or dyno.

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
stupid question, but just to confirm it.

This is a water injection for your s/c?? How much was it? and any pics??

Ryan Trollin!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
aquamist system description

No pics yet. I'll try to get some by the weekend.

It is a universal system for Turbo and supercharged vehicles.

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
FYI, i dont think the stock windshield washer tank is big enough. By using this tank, you risk running the tank dry in a matter of a few hours. Why dont you get something like a fuel cell and mount it in the trunk? Just a thought.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
fst4dr you can't tell me it's still raining

So what's the verdict on the difference it has made. I'm seriously considering doing this in the future.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Sorry I hadn't replied sooner. I am very happy with the results.

I noticed a definate power increase...not huge, but noticable. The main difference is that the power just doesn't fall off as bad as it used to when the motor got hot. Its also nice to know that is suppressing detonation while doing this.

The windshield washer tank should be plenty, since The system only runs at 3 # of boost and up. It does not use much water anyways. I should be able to go about 2 gas fill ups per windsheild washer tank.

I've got the biggest jet which they supply with the kit installed: .7 mm.

I'll be going to the dyno next month so I'll be able to get some hard numbers

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
OK let me get this right, In your Opinion it made a difference but not a HUGE one. I was under the impression water injection w/supercharger was an easy 10-15hp@wheels. Would you say my expectations are about right. When you say, 'Not a Huge One,' I begin to think, how much of a real difference did it really make. I guess overall, avoiding any chance of detonation is very important to.

By the way, I notice your 1/4 mile time, the mph is pretty low IMO. Any reason for that? I would think that 101-104 would be more appropriate. Is it somehow traction related to the point that traction was a real problem even past the 60ft mark. I'm just a littled confused it those numbers and hoped you could clarify, Thanks

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
On that run the car was not running very well in 3rd and 4th gear because it was pretty hot that day. Other S/C SVT's have about a 100 mph trap speed so I would think I would be able to get in the high 13's if I get a trap speed like that.

I'd estimate a 10-15 hp difference. That sounds about right.

Let me know if you have any more ?'s

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
So it's safe to assume that on a HOT DAY with water injection you should have no problems running at least a 14flat at 101-103mph?

I say go test it, while the weather is still hot so you know for sure what a difference the unit makes on a hot summer like day. Don't wait till winter comes around the corner and the Temps have gone down.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Hey Simon,

Glad to see you are still around. I miss those north carolina rains. Are you still running at the ROCK. Send me a private message, chat later.

P.S. Glad to see you found another thing to make the tour faster.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard