Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#421565 08/26/02 05:38 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Ok, I loved my contour, but it died! I had just fixed a bunch of stuff on it, new starter, new battery, oil change, etc. Within the week, my car STARTED to overheat. I was on the way home. I know how bad it is to drive the car when it gets too hot so I pulled over. It wasn't in the red yet, so I thought I was safe. Well, smoke was coming out where you check the oil. I had noticed smoke coming from the rear as I was pulling over as well. I did not have any leaks. I let the car cool, added some water, but it wouldn't start. Towed it to my grandpa's so his mechanic could check it out. Well, they have since informed me that my engine is melted. This confuses me as it did not really overheat, not per my gauge in my car. I want to fix it but I don't know where to start. I have problems because I am a student, living alone, so I don't have a lot of money to spend. I really want my contour back though. Please help me figure out what went wrong and what I need. Also, if you know where I can go to get these parts cheaper feel free to offer any suggestions. My grandpa believes a new engine would cover it, but I know it has to be more, because the engine overheated in the first place!!! I may not be car smart, but that just doesn't seem right. Post or send me a message, whatever you need, I just miss my contour so much.

#421566 08/26/02 09:07 AM
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
ASK YOUR FATHER TO OPEN UP THE WATER PUMP.IM SURE HE WILL FIND THAT THE PUMPS PLASTIC IMPELLER HAS SPLIT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND THIS IS WHAT CAUSED YOUR CONTOUR TO OVERHEAT THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM ON THE 2.5 ENGINE AND THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT FORD HAS A RECALL ON THE GUAGE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT READ THE TEMPERATURE OF THE ENGINE CORRECTLY,GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHANGE OUT I JUST DID MINE AND IT WAS A HECK OF A JOB.

#421567 08/26/02 09:53 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by KBOOM37:
ASK YOUR FATHER TO OPEN UP THE WATER PUMP.IM SURE HE WILL FIND THAT THE PUMPS PLASTIC IMPELLER HAS SPLIT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND THIS IS WHAT CAUSED YOUR CONTOUR TO OVERHEAT THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM ON THE 2.5 ENGINE AND THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT FORD HAS A RECALL ON THE GUAGE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT READ THE TEMPERATURE OF THE ENGINE CORRECTLY,GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHANGE OUT I JUST DID MINE AND IT WAS A HECK OF A JOB.

Not to be a dick or anything, but please hit the CAPS LOCK key.....thanks.

#421568 08/26/02 05:56 PM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Look in to getting a used engine. Many junck yards will even give a warranty. It might only be half the cost of a rebuild.

'98.5 SVT E1 T-Red, Midnight Blue All stock
#421569 08/26/02 06:40 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:

Looks like he did.  That would seem to be the problem.

Hyster E60XM-33 1996 Mercury Mystique GS, Zetec, ATX To email me, remove the string HatesSpam from this address:BobHatesSpam@Blaylock.to
#421570 08/26/02 07:05 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Bob Blaylock:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:

Looks like he did.  That would seem to be the problem.

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard