Next Thread
Print Thread
#419727 08/24/02 05:06 AM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
First of all, did Ford make any Contours with factory tint? I might sell the car in a year, and want it to look as stock as possible.

Second, does anyone know what the legal tint laws are in Michgan? I heard you can tint the rear windows and the rear winshield as much as you want, but I'm not sure about the front windows.

Third, I live in southeast Michigan, so can anyone recommend a good window tinting place around here.

Thanks for any help,
Gibby

2000 Red Contour SE Zetec Only mod. is a stereo...
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
anything on the back 3 windows and the front 2 and included the windshield......you cant have anything.......Got 2 tickets already for them 80 bucks .....one city and one state cop

04 Blue WRX -Rota Subzero's 17in gold,Cobb Tunning Stage 2 93 octane, tein springs, 3in -turboback with magnaflow muffler + 1 resonator 2 1/4 up-pipe Former owner of Conniethecontour 99 CSVT...My first love
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Yup, you can get ANY percentage on the back windows and the rear window.

You can only get like a 4" strip or something on the front windows or windshield...aka GHEY.

I have 35% everywhere 'cept my windshield, so it is not too dark. I parked next to two state troopers and right outside where they were sitting eating. I'm sure they saw it but they were eating lunch so I just walked past them, got my food and left. I drive in Ohio most of the time and they actually have police but so far no one's cared, but I don't look like a banger.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i have 20% all around except for the windshield and it does get to be a hassle. ive been pulled over 3-4 times specifically for my tint in suburban detroit and i'm constantly riding with my front windows down in certain areas so I dont get nabbed. If you decide not to get the front door windows tinted, you might as well not even get anywhere on your car tinted because it looks ridiculous with just the back windows tinted on a sedan if you ask me.

F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
I currently have my back windows at 5 percent. I need a eye doctors sig to get my front sides tinted so that is yet to come, Tint laws suck

2002 Ford ZX2 5spd (2nd baby) Former owner of 1998 Mystique (never filled the shoes on my first love)parents traded for new sable Former owner of 1996 Mystique(My true baby )
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Oh' well it's better than Ohio, they are only supposed to have 50%. I feel sorry for that state, they also have front license plate brackets. Seriously though it depends where you live and what you drive. A candy orange SVT will attract more attention than a regular old silver Tour with stock exhaust. Plus I very rarely see any Michigan police...because there are very few cars out at a time and they stay farther north.

I'm not sure the laws on me getting pulled over in another state, but hopefully I'm not subject to Ohio's tint laws because I'm a Michigan resident, and I know they can't charge me with breaking Michigan tint laws in Ohio. So since I live in Michigan but pretty much use Ohio roads I guess I'm in a good situation.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
248-939-TINT Names Merrick, hes a friend of mine...does a good job and a good price give him a call...

Brian 2004 Nissan 350z Touring brian8064@hotmail.com
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i hear eclipse tinting is pretty good. i believe its located on telegraph.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Ausgedient:
A candy orange SVT will attract more attention than a regular old silver Tour with stock exhaust.

hey thats candy gold to you captain

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard