Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Due to stupidity on my part, the Iowa meet has a NEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!! The auto-X is on Sat. September 14th, held by the Mustang Club of Central Iowa. Anyone looking for a good time flogging their cars around a fun/tight course or seeing others do it to their cars are welcome. Find the course info here.

Registration 9:00 am / Drivers Meeting 10:00 am / First car off at 10:15 am

MCCI members - $20 per driver / Non members - $25 per driver

To run in optional point series classes - $5 additional per driver per event

After we get done at the track, or when/if we get bored of running, we'll head to my place for a late afternoon BBQ. We can stop along the way for people to get some meat to go on the grill, sides, beer, etc. The grocery store is only a couple of blocks from my house, so don't worry if you forget anything.

Later we can go to Porky's for cruise night or to Sprocket's for indoor carting to the max. Maybe even make a mod meet or cruise of our own. Or just sit around at my place drinking beers...

BNM dicounts will be given at the meet. Make offers to your heart's content... resonable offers that is.

My address is:

3312 Maple Street
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265

Cell phone is (515) 779-QUIK (7845 for those without a "Q" on their dial pad). Leave me a message...

Come in on Friday night to earn insider BNM information. You can look at 3 liter parts, optimized TB's, powder coated parts, gauges, etc.

Hotels can be found on priceline.com for $25 a night in West Des Moines hotels (very nice, and fairly new too). If you need any help, let me know.

Last edited by bnoon; 08/23/02 01:22 PM.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i think dave and i will be there, i will for sure! maybe dave can drag the young america stiquie along with him

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'm game for sure...I can't wait....just hope to have the springs and intake on by then....COUNT ME IN!!!!!....as far as Jimmy, hopefully he can come along as well....

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I might have to take a drive out there!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Hector:

I'll bring my laptop so you can post during the meet...

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:

I'll bring my laptop so you can post during the meet...
What is that supposed to mean?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i dont think dave will say it since he hasnt met you but i will.... POST WHORE!!!!

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
$
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
$
Des Moines isn't too far from me. I'd take a Saturday off for a drive down there. Count me in!

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I'd be up for that!
Any chance I could get some help putting on an Aussie bar? ?
Other than that it sounds like a GREAT time!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'd love to make this more of a mod meet....although I can't think of much I need to do in the next six months other than paint, springs, and intake. Hopefully I'll have the door handle LED mod down to a science by then (looking for the right LEDS or lenses) and be able to put some in for someone. We'll see though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I need my water pump impellar changed...I'll trade the installation of that for any DIY mod (door ding guards, fog light fix, taking reflectors out of 2G headlights, etc.)

EDIT AGAIN: I can do car audio too.

Last edited by Davo7SVT; 08/26/02 07:47 AM.
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Not a chance for me to help with that rear sway bar installation. Welding in those brackets suck... Maybe if Rick feels like crawling around on the ground for a couple of hours... or if you came out Friday night perhaps someone would be free to do it.

We should have on hand several 3L parts including possibly some 2.5 heads with 3L valves and several spare parts everywhere... Fun to look at if you've never seen them before. Gutted precats and some internal *sand* that came from them will be on hand as well as optimized TB's, gauges, and powder coated items. Obviously it would be easier to twist my arm if they were BNM items to be installed, but bring anything and everything and we'll see what we can do.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
brad, would you happen to have the items needed to make MIL eliminators if you had some nice precats and cats without the funky smelling stuff in em? I wouldnt mind bangin a screwdriver around a bit in mine for some performance.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i dont think dave will say it since he hasnt met you but i will.... POST WHORE!!!!
Why all the hatin?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
psh
aint nothin but love up in here!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
So Hector, we'll see ya on the 15th?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Well there is supposed to be a meet on the 15th here. But as of now I don't know. If not I might take a drive out there.

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
brad, would you happen to have the items needed to make MIL eliminators if you had some nice precats and cats without the funky smelling stuff in em? I wouldnt mind bangin a screwdriver around a bit in mine for some performance.

I won't allow you to break the cats out while they're on the car while at my mod meet. That's what I'm saving the broken cat's dust for... to scare you (and the rest of the CEG) away from doing the mystery mod with the manifolds on the car. I will have pre-gutted cats available and could easily get the parts to make MILs too.

Davo7SVT, broken WP and you're still going to drive to Iowa??? Takes all of an hour or so to change it out if you drive to NAPA or buy one from BAT. Make sure to get the gasket too. If you do it here, I'll have to charge you $20 for the clean up and disposal of the old coolant.

Nothin but love for Hector!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
It's not broken right now, I just want to do it before it breaks.

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Great, that'll be one new WP install... would you like TB optimization or gutted cats to make it a combo? You can biggie size that combo with a 3L...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well there is supposed to be a meet on the 15th here. But as of now I don't know. If not I might take a drive out there.

I was thinking of doing the same thing take a trip out to farm country and then goto the BBQ on sunday if we have to buy us.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by bnoon:
Great, that'll be one new WP install... would you like TB optimization or gutted cats to make it a combo? You can biggie size that combo with a 3L...

I'm thinking about the gutted cats and TB....give me an estimate.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Hey Brad can you help a guy out with a cheap hotel room?
Priceline wants a credit card number up front and I'm reluctant to give it to them. I want to come down Friday and stay till Sunday and yes I might be buying some parts from you! Any help you can give would be great!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
brad..... is it that much of a pain to take the cats off then bang em out? how much do you want for pre-made 'high flow' cats?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

I won't allow you to break the cats out while they're on the car while at my mod meet. That's what I'm saving the broken cat's dust for... to scare you (and the rest of the CEG) away from doing the mystery mod with the manifolds on the car. I will have pre-gutted cats available and could easily get the parts to make MILs too.

Davo7SVT, broken WP and you're still going to drive to Iowa??? Takes all of an hour or so to change it out if you drive to NAPA or buy one from BAT. Make sure to get the gasket too. If you do it here, I'll have to charge you $20 for the clean up and disposal of the old coolant.

Nothin but love for Hector!

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
has anyone here ran any ATX's in the quarter mile? if so what was your times?

1996 Mystique 2.0 GS Zetec AT Cold Air Intake, DTM Exhaust, Fog Lights, 6 Speaker Sound System Powered By A Awesome Kenwood CD Player. 215/40/17's with Shinwa 7 Spoke Rims!!! 92K miles 1985 (rare) Mitsubishi Starion Turbo
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ogre:
has anyone here ran any ATX's in the quarter mile? if so what was your times?
Look in my sig.

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Hey Brad can you help a guy out with a cheap hotel room?
Priceline wants a credit card number up front and I'm reluctant to give it to them. I want to come down Friday and stay till Sunday and yes I might be buying some parts from you! Any help you can give would be great!

You can get away with only paying what you want by starting out with your lowest price and only choosing one area of town to stay in. Then keep expanding your area and maybe bump your price by about $5. That is how we ended up getting them for $25 last time we had a meet.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
brad..... is it that much of a pain to take the cats off then bang em out? how much do you want for pre-made 'high flow' cats?

Yes, it is a bit of a pain. It takes a good 3-4 hours to swap them out... especially since I haven't done any for about 9 months, I'd have to relearn it all over again... $50 for regular gutting and $75 for premium gutting/smoothing.

Davo, you have a PM.

RT, I'll see what I can set up for a hotel for ya...

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Hotwire has rooms for $29 a night up to $55 a night for the 13th, 14th, checking out the 15th. Ranging from a 2.5 star hotel to a 3.5 star, both decent places within a few miles of my home here in West Des Moines. Anyone want it?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Yes, it is a bit of a pain. It takes a good 3-4 hours to swap them out... especially since I haven't done any for about 9 months, I'd have to relearn it all over again... $50 for regular gutting and $75 for premium gutting/smoothing.

$50 to replace cat(s) with gutted cats? or $50 per cat? how many are there... i'm dumb, i want silver gauges and a wing!

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
$50 for a set of gutted cats, plus core charge of $100 per set. In case you don't know how a core charge works... You bring back you originals and get the $100 back...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
knew that much

but its not something we'll be doing at the mod meet?

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q

If Hector decides to go, then you can count me in fellas...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Milan007:

If Hector decides to go, then you can count me in fellas...

It would be great to see both of ya there!!!

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Davo I would love to come! I have very fond memeories of Iowa. Would be good to meet you guys, and hang with the old wolves again... Hope that Hector decides to go.

Stupid suspension...

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
knew that much

but its not something we'll be doing at the mod meet?

Not something we'd have time for unless we wanted to sacrifice 4 hours Friday night to do it. I'm not up for that right now...;)

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
even with 2-3 wrenches under the car? bah I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS! UNACCEPTABLE BRAD!!

j/k its cool man, i might have to snag a set from ya anyhow, i'm sure i can do it in my garage

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
even with 2-3 wrenches under the car? bah I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS! UNACCEPTABLE BRAD!!

j/k its cool man, i might have to snag a set from ya anyhow, i'm sure i can do it in my garage

3 wrenches?!?!?!? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You can get your fingers on the nut of the rear manifold, or see it, but never both at the same time. That's where the extra time is taken. Besides, 2-3 wrenches meens more down time for drinking beer and bench racing too... I'm quicker by myself in that respect... unless I start talking to myself...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I hope you weren't including me in that 2-3 Matt.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

PUSSY!

edit: wow i cant believe that word isnt blocked off

Last edited by Speed Demon; 08/29/02 09:23 PM.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q

PUSSY!

Why would a nickname for such a nice little thing be censored? Everybody loves kitties...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

PUSSY!

You guys would be dumb for letting me work under a car. IN, okay, anywhere other, it's a risk.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Still no word from Hector on his plans...
Man, if I could only talk a CEGer from Chicago into going...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
hector get your post whoring ass into iowa!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I think he's worried he won't be able to post. Hector -- like I said, I can bring my laptop.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Ha ha ha, you guys are killing me man! On a serious note, I haven't seen Hector post in a few days... Hasn't returned any of my phone calls either. Hope he is OK.

Hope he didn't get picked up by Chicago Vice Cops for being - a postwhore!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

PUSSY!

Such language!
I won't mod you out unless I hear complaints. Within reason, of course.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
hector get your post whoring ass into iowa!
You miss me?

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Good chance of Kevin, Hector and I coming over guys... Damn, that would be cool!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That would be cool...but isn't there something going on at your house on the 15th Milan?

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
That would be cool...but isn't there something going on at your house on the 15th Milan?

Yeah, but we'd be back in time. Just want to hang with you guys. Would also give us a good chance to talk about the Big Meet...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Ah yes....like FDR and Churchill in '40.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Ah yes....like FDR and Churchill in '40.

LOL, Ha ha ha... Are you a Pols Major like me?

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
9 days left....

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Yup... 9 days. I've got to remember to get the BBQ tank filled up. Gotta get to work on some TBs, gutted cats, finish up an engine... There's just not enough time!!!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Milan007:
9 days left....

Does that mean you're going???

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
It is like 60/40 right now Dave. Gonna do everything I can to come there. Got my Judicial Driving Permit yesterday, so I can drive from 3pm to 2am on F,S,Su.... Hmmmmm...

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I'm about 80% sure.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
I'm about 80% sure.
Cool as a nice, Arctic breeze...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
brad do you have any DMD's sitting in your garage?

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
brad do you have any DMD's sitting in your garage?

Ahhhhhhh, NO!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
beyaaaaaaaaawwwwwwch!

B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Don't make me smack you down ho'!

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
I took off Friday's work, so I am officially free. Now I have to get a hold of Hector... Always something man...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard