Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
The Great Lakes Region of the SVTOA is proud to announce that we will be holding SVTOA only Regional On-Track event at Indy Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN on September 20,21 and 22. This three day event consists of two days of open track along with a day of drag racing and a car show. Also thrown in will be a dyno session and welcome BBQ at Kenny Brown, a saturday night banquet, ride and drives with Kenny Brown and Sean Hyland, and technical seminars all throughout the weekend. All of this equals one packed weekend with pretty much something for everyone.

Here is a brief description of some of the events listed above:

Friday and Saturday open track - You will be participating on IRP's 2.5 mile road course which is well suited for beginners and advanced drivers alike. We will have in car instructors available as well as classroom and driving exercises to hone your driving skills. Helmets will be available for those that need one.

Friday night dyno session and welcome BBQ at Kenny Brown - Here we will take a tour of the Kenny Brown facility and those that wish to dyno will be able to strap their vehicles down and see what they put out while everyone else looks one (no pressure here!). We will also have a welcome BBQ to meet your fellow SVTOA members.

Saturday night banquet - What better way to get to know your fellow SVTOA members than a banquet. We will also have a few guest speakers to provide insight into the vehicles and the people behind them.

Sunday drag day - The morning will consist to practice runs to get you familiar with the track and determine your dial in time. Vehicles will be broken into classes based on type of vehicle and will run bracket style to determine who is the champion of each class (i.e. pushrod Cobra, mod Cobra, gen 1 lightning, gen two lightning, Contour, focus, etc). Then to add some more fun the winners in each class will run against each other until we have a final champion. Awards will be given to the winners

Sunday car show - This will be a judged show where participants will be judged by a crack team of judges. Cars will be judged on cleanliness only.

As you can see we have taken the time to make sure that we have something for everyone at this event. Hopefully we'll see you there as a participant but if not at least come out to see what the event is about.

For additional information and enrollment forms please visit www.svtoa-semi.com and go to the "CALENDAR" section. If your enrollment form is received before 9/1 you will also receive a FREE official SVTOA On-Track shirt.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me and we will respond promptly.

Mark Wilson 98.5 SVT Contour 93 SVT Cobra #1824 93 SVT Cobra R #84 1972 Mustang Convertible 1970 Mustang Mach 1 1967 Sunbeam Tiger ALL MODIFIED!!
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
must buy track car
must buy track car
must buy track car... =(

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Why? The VAST majority of people who attend bring the same car they drive to work......

Mark Wilson 98.5 SVT Contour 93 SVT Cobra #1824 93 SVT Cobra R #84 1972 Mustang Convertible 1970 Mustang Mach 1 1967 Sunbeam Tiger ALL MODIFIED!!
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
well i don't even have a beater car =)

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Every car is a beater car!

I'm amazed I haven't broken anything significant yet.

Mark are you gonna bring the Cobra R? If so it's my turn to drive it .

'99 Black SVT Join the SVTOA
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
The R is coming down. Now that I have a dedicated track car the Contour has been retired although my wife says she would like to start open tracking with it now......

I will miss passing the Lightnings in the straights.....

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
TTT

I finally got around to filling out the registration sheet. Anyone else planning on going?

'99 Black SVT Join the SVTOA
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
ARG why don't I have an SVT!

Oh well I have to work the Kid Rock show that weekend anyways.

REALLY cool event though, hope I can go to something like it in the future.

Ray

99 Sport SE, 2.5MTX, C. Red Mintex AF/EBC Rotors, Potenza RE950, BAT Euro Kit.

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard