Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Well sitting at a stop light today I decided to turn on my A/C and my car died. I turned off the A/C and then restarted the car with no problem. A couple of minutes later when I got in to my parking garage I decided to try the A/C again, to see what happened and it died again!WTF?
Anyone who knows what would cause this??

99' tropic green SVT 2558/2760 born on 08/06/99 KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat, Pioneer HU, Boston Accoustics 10 rallys, MTX thunder amp
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
A short somewhere??

check all the elecrical lines used for the HVAC and make sure you dont have a raw wire somewhere grounding out your car.

2002 Focus ZX3, MTX-75: A good amount of mods 2003 SVT Focus ZX5, Getrag-6: FS Stressbar Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my girl!!
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
How did it die? Did it drop out like you turned off the ignition, or did it kind of stumble down?

'99 Contour SE Sport V6, 5spd, Dark Blue / Blue
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Sounds like your compessor locked up. With the AC off the belt pulley free wheels on the compressor, when you turn it on an electric clutch engages the compressor. Even it there was a short in the system somewhere (this would blow a fuse) your engine would not die. This is why I believe the compressor is locked. You can try to turn the front of the compressor by hand (*Engine off, keys in pocket) and see if it is locked. The part you want to turn is on the front of the pulley, it has 3 rubber bushings on it. Good luck

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard