Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#418693 08/26/02 02:57 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
can't wait to hear how it turns out, chris...hope the new chip comes soon!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
#418694 08/26/02 03:39 PM
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Can we order the Vortech sans chip? And does every kit come with the aftercooler?

Just ask Buckshot how well stock pistons handle the detonation of 6psi+ on 10:1 compression... Doesn't matter that it's a 3L vs 2.5... Stock timing advance is waaaaaaaay to much to run on boost...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#418695 08/26/02 08:42 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
IIRC, someone out here in Cali wanted to go to a show before they had there chip in - from Vortech they said it's okay below like 3-4000 rpms, but if you get it above that say goodbye pistons!

(I personally wouldn't trust myself to leave the driveway!)

For the install, did you have to move the AC at all (ie will dealer say you broke a line during install)? For that matter, would they do the lifter seeing as somone just drilled a hole in your oil pan? Anyway, good luck - hopefully your dealer is friendlier than the ones I've dealt with!

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
#418696 08/26/02 11:02 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by bnoon:
Just ask Buckshot how well stock pistons handle the detonation of 6psi+ on 10:1 compression... Doesn't matter that it's a 3L vs 2.5... Stock timing advance is waaaaaaaay to much to run on boost...

Trust me Brad, I am NOT destroying this block you're kind enough to build for me. Just wondering how hard it would be to program and dyno tune this with the Greddy Emanager and possibly a Motec ignition with the chip in there. I don't think I'll need the chip if I'll basically be running stand alone...

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
#418697 08/27/02 02:00 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ScottK97SEMTX:
IIRC, someone out here in Cali wanted to go to a show before they had there chip in - from Vortech they said it's okay below like 3-4000 rpms, but if you get it above that say goodbye pistons!

(I personally wouldn't trust myself to leave the driveway!)

For the install, did you have to move the AC at all (ie will dealer say you broke a line during install)? For that matter, would they do the lifter seeing as somone just drilled a hole in your oil pan? Anyway, good luck - hopefully your dealer is friendlier than the ones I've dealt with!

Scott

Vortech, I say Vortech product support, assured me that I would okay to drive it to the dealer as long as I didn't push it too hard. Well, with a stuck lifter, I kept it low in the rev band. I had not choice, as far as driving it, cause of the A/C, stuck lifter, and today the heater totally failed.

The dealer I go to knows the car very well. I too hope, they don't dicker me around.

#418698 08/27/02 02:04 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Originally posted by cawong11:

Jim, I have also heard from Simon L., that he was also sent a SUperchip. Not sure why they decided to go with this other brand.

On that note, I get to drive the SVT to the dealer today, sticky lifter and all. At least I get to drive it. It's been a few weeks.

Can we order the Vortech sans chip? And does every kit come with the aftercooler?

I REALLY want to know how it runs!!

(PS> Any word on the rest of the suspension? My car is SHOT!! )

If I get a Vortech Superchip, there is no reason why you could not order the same chip from Superchips. I am getting Diablosport to build me a specific Vortech chip too. That chip would be avaiable for SFG0 once it is made. The Vortech kits have no aftercooler but it looks like you could shoehorn a water to air unit similar to the Turbo kits. However, I was told that the Vortech kit was designed without an aftercooler in mind. Whether that is true or not, I don't really know.

About the suspension parts, once we have more information, I'll send you an email.

#418699 08/27/02 02:28 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Cool, sounds like you have a good dealer.

Did you make sure to let them know that if they test drive it they HAVE to keep the revs down? You'd hate to have to fight for a new engine cause "Joe Tech" decided so see what a S/C SVT could do!

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
#418700 08/27/02 02:32 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
You know, I was wondering if I should say anything because if their techie blows up my motor, hmmm, what would they do then?

#418701 08/27/02 02:16 PM
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
By any chance have you looked at your PCM? It might not be a chip problem, it might be that an electrode in yoru PCM isn't making a good contact to the chip. This would mean it would work fine without a chip and have an incomplete circuit with the chip installed.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
#418702 08/27/02 09:47 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Mark

I was sent 2 identical chips, made for Vortech by Autologic. Neither chip worked. I had a diablochip installed up to the day before I fired up the car with the SC. Needless to say, both Diablo chip and Superchip previously worked with the ECU. I know what you are saying about the contacts, and I ensured that they were cleaned prior to installing the new Vortech chip.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard