Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
My CEL is on and i had my codes pulled it is saying that the TPS is bad but would that not make my car like idle irradically and my rpms not drop when i rev it up b/c it is running just fine please help this is on a 98 SVT

1998 Toreador Red Svt #3486 0f 6535,fader window tint,JVC El Kameleon KD-LX100,resonater removed,cleared corners,door dings removed,omp strut tower brace
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
What code was pulled?

96 Contour SE Duratec V6 24-valve 2.5L ATX 108,000 mi. Replaced: crankshaft w/ DMD, EGR valve (clogged), EVR, DPFE, PCV valve, evap emissions hose & tube (cracked), window regulator (broken), LH & RH PCV tubes, UIM gasket (leak), ignition coil
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Yeah, give us the code and GeoPappas or myself will give you the writeup from the Service Manual.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
i think it was p0122

1998 Toreador Red Svt #3486 0f 6535,fader window tint,JVC El Kameleon KD-LX100,resonater removed,cleared corners,door dings removed,omp strut tower brace
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
The following is from the Ford TSP:

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0122 indicates the TP sensor signal is less than the Self-Test minimum value of 3.43% (0.17 volts).

NOTE:
Throttle Position Sensor A (TP-A) is the same as Throttle Position (TP) Sensor.

NOTE:
An intermittent fault can cause a Continuous Memory DTC P0122. If a Continuous Memory DTC P0122 is still present after DH11 through DH14, go to «DH20».

Possible causes:
-- Damaged TP sensor.
-- TP not seated properly (tightened down).
-- Open TP SIG or VREF harness.
-- TP SIG harness short to SIG RTN or PWR GND.
-- Damaged PCM.

* Key off.
* Disconnect TP sensor. Inspect for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary.
* Leave TP sensor disconnected.
* Jumper VREF circuit to TP circuit at the TP sensor vehicle harness connector.
* Key on, engine off.

NOTE: If any Scan Tool communication problem exists, remove jumper and go to «DH14».

* Access TP PID (TPV PID) with the Scan Tool.
* Is the TP PID (TPV PID) greater than 92.27% (4.60 volts)?

Yes
TP SIG shorted to SIG RTN in TP sensor, or TP SIG or VREF open in TP sensor. REPLACE TP sensor. REMOVE jumper. RERUN «Quick Test».

No
VREF or TP SIG open in harness or PCM, or TP SIG shorted to SIG RTN (or PWR GND) in harness or PCM. REMOVE jumper. GO to «DH12».

96 Contour SE Duratec V6 24-valve 2.5L ATX 108,000 mi. Replaced: crankshaft w/ DMD, EGR valve (clogged), EVR, DPFE, PCV valve, evap emissions hose & tube (cracked), window regulator (broken), LH & RH PCV tubes, UIM gasket (leak), ignition coil
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
thanx for the info ok i have another question would it be throwing that code if the bracket that the throttle cables runs though is broke b/c i was looking and the bracket that sits right behind the throttle body is broke and maybe the throttle cables arent at the right angle and if so anyone know where u can get one?

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard