Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The Duratec has a thermostat. Without one, the ECU would have no idea what temp your engine is running at, hence it couldn't supply the correct amount of coolant.

Dan Acura Integra GS-R w/mods Former owner of a 95 SE
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
i guess they cleaned the engine cuz it is spotless.
the coolant is all over the passanger side and the waterpump doesnt seem to be leaking anywhere. could have been a hose or something but then again the temperature gauge shows the engine beyond the red area even when the car is off and cold.

Last edited by Chi-TowNSVT; 08/22/02 04:02 PM.

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Originally posted by Mario Opalka:
i guess they cleaned the engine cuz it is spotless.
the coolant is all over the passanger side and the waterpump doesnt seem to be leaking anywhere. could have been a hose or something but then again the temperature gauge shows the engine beyond the red area even when the car is off and cold.

That is too weird. I dunno what can be going on.

But if it's on the passenger side, it could have been as simple as leaving the pressure cap loose on the expansion tank.

Check all the fuses and electrical connections, if they steam cleaned it they usually blast high pressure hot water all over the place, they might have disconnected something or popped a fuse.

Does the gauge even move when you put the key in "run" without starting the car?

I gotta look under the hood of the '96 after I get home to see where else it could be coming from.

Two Red Tours! (Oops, No Red Tours!) '03 Subaru Forester X 5-speed '02 SVT Focus - not fast, just fun!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
mario, the same exact thing happened to me when mine went. there was coolant sprayed all over the passanger side of the engine bay coming out of the overflow cap. the cap is not bad, it is your water pump. the water pumps failure lead to the coolant boiling over and spraying out of the overflow tank. i have 10 witnesses that saw this happen. then joe and i took the water pump apart and what do you know, it was all screwed up. the fins were crackd and they spun independent of the pulley.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Every car has a thermostat. I told Kevin that I thought that Marios's went, and he told me that some guy told him that it is computer controled on Duratecs... Didn't think that was possible. Anyhow, I passed on info which Kevin got from some idiot who thought he knew what he was taliking about... Now I feel stupid even telling Mario.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
my trusty haines manual says that we do in fact have a thermostat on our duratecs, but it is his water pump that went bad so who cares.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Milan007:
Every car has a thermostat. I told Kevin that I thought that Marios's went, and he told me that some guy told him that it is computer controled on Duratecs... Didn't think that was possible. Anyhow, I passed on info which Kevin got from some idiot who thought he knew what he was taliking about... Now I feel stupid even telling Mario.

I wont mention who told me this.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"my trusty haines manual says that we do in fact have a thermostat on our duratecs, but it is his water pump that went bad so who cares. "

"I wont mention who told me this. "

yeah i [censored] said that so what ONE time i'm wrong never came across it in any parts books when ive looked for one , so big [censored] deal , and as for the trusty haynes manual which is supposed to cover 95 thru 98 show me in there were it metion anything but vacum secondaries ! that manual has many faults , tell you what ill take my car apart this weekend and take a [censored] picture of the thermostat just to make sure there is one , so i guess you better not ask for my advice cuz i might make your car blow up at least i know not to drive around with a blow water pump sorry just venting i'm done for now

Last edited by HisSvt; 08/23/02 03:43 AM.
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Well, Mario called me, and left me a message that it was fixed. So, it's all good... Still feel bad I couldn't help Mario, but you know my situation...

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Originally posted by Milan007:

I wont mention who told me this.
**cough** Joe **cough**

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard