Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
im driving on the highway and my girlfriend says she smells something burning. so i said its probably something the contour does sometimes cuz i used to get that in my previous one. 5 miles later im at her house and i see that the engine is on hot alllllllll the way so i pull into a parking space and i leave there.
i'm gonna go to the dealership tomorrow and they better fix the water pump or im gonna kick some ass, which brings me to the question,

how far can i drive on a broken water pump???
second day i have the car and this [censored] happens

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
That sucks!

I wouldn't recomend driving with a bad WP.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Mario, we'll take care of it tomorrow man. It's all good. If you drove that little and still had coolant in the engine, I wouldn't worry too much... The SVT will be up and ruinnig tomorrow afternoon... Then you can drive me home in it...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITH A BAD WATER PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my god man please tell me that you havent been driving it? if you have, get ready to get yet another contour cause your engine will be F***ED.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
i think it might rain tomorrow so i dont know how were gonna do it unless we pull the car into my girlfriends garage. hopefully i didn't blow the head gasket like mike did.

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Arrrgh!

This totally sucks. Why couldn't it have gone out two weeks ago? I had three cars available... it wouldn't have been a problem to fix it.

Nuts.

Two Red Tours! (Oops, No Red Tours!) '03 Subaru Forester X 5-speed '02 SVT Focus - not fast, just fun!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Mario Opalka:
i hopefully i didn't blow the head gasket like mike did.

i really think that my bad water pump did lead to my blown head gasket. also, the fact that the head gasket did have 95K miles on it didnt help matters. how long did you drive it with the the temp needle pegged?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
im not sure how long i drove on it but it was most likely about 5 miles. although it could have also been 5 blocks. im not sure but it still had some coolant left.
i went to look at the car and even though the car is cold it still shows the temp all the way past red. maybe it blew a sensor or something. i dont really know exactly how the contour engine works since milan told me that for some wierd reason it doesnt even have a thermostat.
when i went to look at it today the coolant was only sprayed over the left side of the engine. it might not even be the waterpump but im not sure.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Take it back to the dealer!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Originally posted by Mario Opalka:
i dont really know exactly how the contour engine works since milan told me that for some wierd reason it doesnt even have a thermostat.
when i went to look at it today the coolant was only sprayed over the left side of the engine. it might not even be the waterpump but im not sure.

??? The Duratec has a thermostat.

Left side, you mean the drivers side or passenger side? If it's the passenger side, is the cap on the expansion tank loose?

When you were looking at the car, was the engine bay "spotless" or did it have the normal amount of dust/dirt? I did not detail the car before I traded it. I ask because maybe the detailer loosened the cap on the expansion tank?

If it's the drivers side, and the coolant is all over the transmission, then it could be the waterpump.

Two Red Tours! (Oops, No Red Tours!) '03 Subaru Forester X 5-speed '02 SVT Focus - not fast, just fun!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard