Next Thread
Print Thread
#416889 08/21/02 02:25 AM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
The nearest Dealer had the car for two days and did the 'quick fix' adding the plastic support at the windshield end. I am not happy since the 'cover' is raised at one point near the defroster outlet. Will I get anywhere further if I complain to Ford? Suggestions are welcome.

I will add a photo if someone would be so kind as to tell me how!

Thanks, again.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
By all means let them know that the repair is not satisfactory. Ask the service manager to take it up with his rep. There is a very good chance that you can get Ford to replace the dash if the repair is not satisfactory.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Updating the dashboard experience:
The local Dealer told me that all I would get is the added strip - but at least it doesn't look so bad. Ford customer service told me that they would guarantee the strip and the dash for another 12 mos, but will they? We'll have to wait and watch.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Does anyone have info on this "recall"? My car is a 99 and I never heard of this issue until I started on this board 2 months ago, and wouldn't you know it, it happened a week later!!! I have never gotten a recall notice about it and I have a 99 se V6 MTX

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Call your dealer and have them run an OASIS report for you. Most likely it is involved. Don't delay, it is scheduled to end at the end of the month.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
What is the deal with this recall/TSB?

I had my local dealer run OASIS on my car before I purchased it and that was the only thing not done...

The defrost vent was loose, but I pushed it back in and everything looks just fine... it has sat on a lot for the past several weeks (10-12 weeks) in blazing heat and the dash looks ok to me... the car was built in 12/98 as a '99 model year...

are there any pics showing what actually happens to the dash?

btw I am glad to see that Jim is still here!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I brought my 2000 in a year ago. It took Ford a couple of weeks to receive the ordered dash, and when they received it, they installed the brand new dash with no questions asked.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by TedS:
What is the deal with this recall/TSB?

I had my local dealer run OASIS on my car before I purchased it and that was the only thing not done...

The defrost vent was loose, but I pushed it back in and everything looks just fine... it has sat on a lot for the past several weeks (10-12 weeks) in blazing heat and the dash looks ok to me... the car was built in 12/98 as a '99 model year...

are there any pics showing what actually happens to the dash?

btw I am glad to see that Jim is still here!

Get it fixed. It will get worse. The voluntary recall ends at the end of the month so take care of it now so you don't end up paying for it yourself.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I had the recall done on my 99 2 weeks ago - I was not impressed. I voiced my concern to the dealership, and they had me bring the car back in yesterday for a follow up. Unfortunately they said there was nothing more they could do without replacing the dash (which is what I wanted done in the first place ) and that I'd have to call Ford to get the approval. So I called last night, and the Ford rep is supposed to be calling the dealership today to talk to the service manager. Hopefully if all goes well, I be getting a new dash put in sometime soon.

Note: I was very calm and polite with everyone I was dealing with, as they are just doing their respective jobs, and you have to go through the proper channels to get the result you want. There's no sense being an ass, or people won't go out of their way to help you. Just voice your concerns diplomatically, and everything should work out in the end.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard