Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I have a black 98 SVT that I bought in June, sight unseen. I'd do it again -- nice car, good price. Effortless speed and handling.

I think the best thing about the Contour SVT is the attitude adjustment it causes on the part of other drivers. Most SVT owners, and most Duratec Contour owners, have probably had an experience in inverting the automotive caste system.

There are several minor problems with the SVT, and I'm just going to list them here. If any posters can point me to a solution for any of them, I'm grateful.

1. Fog lights do not work. I pull the knob and nothing happens. I read a post on this before the board was rehosted and now I can't find it. Said something to the effect that the fog lights weren't supposed to work. I know about the FAQ, but that assumes that the fogs come on when the headlamps are on. Mine don't.

2. Tiny Exterior paint nicks. There are a number of tiny, tiny pin-prick to ball-pen tip sized nicks in the paint near the headlamps. Detailers say that they can't get them out. Does anyone do this professionally? Any clues on using or applying touch-up?

3. Rust on calipers (and some on rotor edge). The only problem here I believe is aesthetic. Rust gets on the rims, and the calipers look bad. I've seen painted calipers. Is this a long-term solution? Any tips? Again, there was something on the board before the rehost, but I can't find the thread.

4. Front air dam is a bit scuffed. I'm guilty of curb surfing in the parking lot. SVT is a lot lower than my old Maxima was. Any tips on getting this cleaned up?

Thanks in advance,

dfrank

Black 98 SVT
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
definitely paint your caliper,you'll be glad you did...i painted mine with ford blue engine paint,brushed on..they look great...my rotors also look rusty sometimes too,but after driving awhile they look good again..

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard