Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#416471 08/20/02 05:24 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hello-

I am new to the site and new to contours. I have been playing my mustangs most of my time. I howver feel in love with the SVT contour the day it came out.

MY friends mom owns a 1995 Contour SE 5-speed that is have major engine problems. She has since bought a new car and this one is just sitting. After looking around and see the prices of smashed SVT contours I started thinking about buying hers and a crashed SVT and building one car the way I want it. I just read about the turbo set-up which would be the best way to go but what about nitrous? I am a supercharging guy myself but im trying to keep this car on a budget.

What type of add on power can the SVT handle?? would a 100 shot be too much?

I have read that the SVT has an all aluminum block with forged internals?? is this true and are all the internals are forged. I know on the 96-99 cobras only the crank was forged (not the rods and pistons)

What does it take to get a contour into the low 14's.

I already have an explorer running 13.6's so a contour cant be that far behind. I love fast, interesting, ford vehicals.

thanks for any help and direction you guys can point me in. I figured you guys are the best to ask

thanks

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
tis true what you heard about the motor.

there are a few guys out there who have sprayed 100hp.

Myself I had a homemade wet kit on my car and sprayed about a 60hp shot, and then a 90hpish shot, then had to take my kit off due to other 'problems' but yes you can spray :-D

Let me know how it turns out, as I've become addicted to the bottle

Ryan Trollin!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
In reply to:

I already have an explorer running 13.6's so a contour cant be that far behind. I love fast, interesting, ford vehicals.

Does your explorer look like this?

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Pur Pony:
What does it take to get a contour into the low 14's.

Not much if you are going to use juice as the four cylinder version can get into the 14's.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It take more than just the juice to get the 4 cylinder into the 14's.
But the SVT should be there with little trouble.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
SVT crank is forged...rods are sinter forged /powdered metal (like Cobra), pistons are hyperutectic, not forged. However, several forced induction SVTs with about 260-295 FWHP appear to be doing OK internally. Tranny/differential is a weak link.

2.5L N/A SVTs are mid-low 15s stock, several 14.6-14.9 with light to heavy bolt ons. 1 or 2 "might" have a shot at low 14s with max bolt ons and a good day, good run. To reliably get low 14s probably need S/C, turbo, nitrous, or 3L. All of these can do low 14s and probably high 13s, maybe better.

Drag racing isn't the SVTs best event,...its a ROAD car.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
what do i need to do in order to spray a 60 shot...
i need as much info as possible..

thanks guys

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
nada, just a nitrous kit. Zex for the money is probably the safest and easiest to intall. But for your own sake, I'd invest in an a/f gauge, change the fuel filter, and make sure you are using copper plugs. platinums don't like giggle gas. also close the gap on the plugs. NOS recommneds .35, I ran .45 just fine.

Ryan Trollin!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
nada, just a nitrous kit. Zex for the money is probably the safest and easiest to intall. But for your own sake, I'd invest in an a/f gauge, change the fuel filter, and make sure you are using copper plugs. platinums don't like giggle gas. also close the gap on the plugs. NOS recommneds .35, I ran .45 just fine.

Where is the fuel filter located, and about how long does it take to change it.

Thanx

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
back by the right rear tires, under the car, crawl under there and you'll see it. Total time, maybe 10 minutes

Originally posted by TommyBoy:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Where is the fuel filter located, and about how long does it take to change it.

Thanx

Ryan Trollin!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard