Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
We are in the process of modifying our 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec ATX and are interested in hooking up with some others for maybe some fun runs or shows or ??? We're not kids so we're probably not into 100+ MPH runs through the countryside anymore, but maybe some track time, show and shines, etc. Any one have any info ? Thanks, Ken and Kathleen Smith, Vancouver Wa, 1999 Contour SE, 1998 E-350 V-10 XLT Ford ClubWagon

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Just had one in Everett on Aug 10th!

If we meet again, I'd like an organized drive thru the twisties somewhere. WA has so many great public golf courses, I don't mind coming down for the day or 2.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Good to see another person in Oregon here on the board, it seems we are few and far between. I normally am at the Auto-x's at PIR. If you're interested you can find some information about that at www.oregonregionsolo2.com . I also tried drag racing for the first time a little over a week ago. I've seen one other contour out there (Shotwell's) and another member goes out there quite frequently too. I'm not much of one for drag racing, but it was fun.

At the last Cascade Sports Car Club track day at PIR there was 5 contours there including myself, ShaunG, Kman, Brent, and Marty (not on CEG). That was a lot of fun. We don't seem to have too many organized get togethers, but just watch the boards and I'm sure you'll figure out where we'll be.

Rob

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i wonder if there is anything interesting in idaho.. or any place closer to the idaho/wash border..i could handle driving that far, but ive already driven to tacoma before when i got my car shipped back from europe..and thats just a long drive for me

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The last 2 meets have been in Portland and Everett, but Idaho and Montana sound interesting to me. We'd have to make it a weekend thing because many of the NW chapter members will have to spend a lot of time travelling.
If you have ideas, post them.

'99 Contour SVT - Black Beauty - (5/1999 - 8/2003) '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (Black on Black) ...Always clean, Always mean.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
well, in my area, we have the big belt mountians, with a very nice lake, i could ask outdoor recreation if i could scoop up some pontoon boats for a cruise around the lake. then a possible drive to the lewis and clark national forest, beautiful drive through the area, stop at a couple points of interest, then a chow at Monarch's local resturant. come back to great falls to check out a race at the electric city speedway.

then there is the out of area interests..meet in Anaconda, which is about 90mi from the idaho border, we can book a weekend at the raceway, to do some drags..id have to get more information about that area, maybe go to Butte to get some chow.

Most likely anything here would be a whole weekend thing, since everything here is spaced out, but lewis & clark forest, and the big belt highway passage to Holter Lake, is very nice..hell i could get some rafts and we could do a float trip down the missouri

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Wow, I'm also in Vancouver WA...didn't think anyone else on the board was from here! I frequent the Late Night Drags at PIR, as Qbert mentioned, although my car isn't attending as of late due to a broken differential. It should be fixed by next month though. Great to have you Ken!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by shotwell:
Wow, I'm also in Vancouver WA...didn't think anyone else on the board was from here! I frequent the Late Night Drags at PIR, as Qbert mentioned, although my car isn't attending as of late due to a broken differential. It should be fixed by next month though. Great to have you Ken!

Cool, thanks for that ! We just put a "Contour" windshield decal across our car, it's white, and of course our car is silver frost with polished aluminum 5 spoke wheels. So the next time you see us, flash your lights !! (I will probably forget to tell my wife that I put this out and she'll think her lights are on or someone was trying to hit on her, HAHAHA !) Future mods for us are a cold air intake, lowering springs, Kenne Bell chip and tinted windows. Current mods either in place or in the garage to go on ASAP are side marker lights, factory spoiler, Bassani style muffler, Contour windshield decal, HID Super blue headlights, 5 spoke polished aluminum wheels with Kumho's, 200W Panasonic CD player and indiglo pedals. Hope to see ya around town ! Ken

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I live just south of Portland in Newberg.
I am at the late nite drags @ PIR every Saturday from 7:00pm till ~9:30pm.
I drive a Toreador Red Contour that looks bone stock, but as many have found out, is not.
So anybody going out to the races this Friday or Saturday?
There seems to be a different car group out every night, we should represent the Contour.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Sorry, probably not this weekend...going camping Friday night and then going to autox in Eugene on Sunday. I may stop by Saturday night, but that is pretty unlikely. Maybe next weekend though! I need to get something better then a 15.5 hmmm, maybe I should learn how to launch!

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard