Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by showtime:
question about them being for "off-road use only"

will they pass emissions inspection if you keep the Cat-converter on?

others have passed with no problem - the last cat should be sufficient enough to pass the emissions with flying colors.

i know people have done that in MA and MA is very strict with their regulations. you should have no problems.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
First off, i've been on vacation and to my surprise when I got back home I was happy to see this site back up, good work. I noticed someone mentioned that shoshop sells these headers fairly cheap but was unsure if they included the y-pipe. Did anyone find out about this, and if they don't come with the y-pipe will they bolt up to the sho-shop y-pipe? Thanks

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
they do NOT include ypipe.

Originally posted by Pienstars:
First off, i've been on vacation and to my surprise when I got back home I was happy to see this site back up, good work. I noticed someone mentioned that shoshop sells these headers fairly cheap but was unsure if they included the y-pipe. Did anyone find out about this, and if they don't come with the y-pipe will they bolt up to the sho-shop y-pipe? Thanks

Ryan Trollin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thanks. But will they fit onto the shoshop y-pipe?

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Showtime...Yes these are street ILLEGAL...yet i have heard of NO such problems of ANYONE passing emmisions test! they should pass ANY under the hood inspection...they just look like upgraded headers for any other car. Hey man i hope you can get in on this...and i'm still excited about our hoods!!! can't wait

Peinstars...Yes RT's right, the ones at SHO do NOT come with the Y pipe, and the ones you get from MSDS (I"VE HEARD) are MUCH better and the Y pipe that they come with is one of the best as well!

Moose...Thanks for the Dyno, i knew that was there all along, guess i should have posted that up a long time ago!~! AWW well.

EVERYONE...Anyway i'm going to call MSDS again today and try to get someone to talk to! Otherwise i'll just leave a message, that's about as much as i can do as of right now! BUT here's some good new! with MOOSE in that puts us up to 12! EXCELLENT! talk to you guys SOON!

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
yup

Originally posted by Pienstars:
Thanks. But will they fit onto the shoshop y-pipe?

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Guys, how do you figure out your flange bolt setup? I emailed you, SVTnKC, about getting in on the group buy about this as well.

And, in terms of cabin resonation, HOW LOUD WILL IT BE? I'm running the shop y-pipe and the bassani. . .once i added the bassani to the sho y-pipe, it sucks to be in the rear seat of my car, because the whole damn thing resonates when I slow down using my gears. . .I just don't want to make it so piercingly loud, even though i'll be faster, at the expense of driveability, since I'm driving this car for at least 10 more years.

Thanks guys.
Suneil

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I like the way mine sounds....especially driving thru my
underground parking at work. Gives ample notice to any
pedestrians. Besides, with the extra power and speed, all
the noise is behind you.

With regards to the flange, I believe if you look under
the car from the driver's side (you need to get your head
under there somehow).. you will see whether you have
two bolts or 1 on the flange at the front of the flex pipe
(where the the y-pipe attaches to the flex pipe.)

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by showtime:
question about them being for "off-road use only"

will they pass emissions inspection if you keep the Cat-converter on?

Both paragrpahs below contain information specific to Pennsylvania emissions testing:
They should pass the PA chassis dyno sniffer test, but you should fail the visual inspection, assuming the inspector knows that the stock manifolds contained light-off cats and isn't willing to risk the huge fines for knowingly passing a non-compliant vehicle.

Starting next year, OBD-II cars won't even have to go on the dyno as long as there are no CELs and all of the OBD-II monitors have completed and passed anyway. It'll just be a quick PCM scan and visual inspection. I suspect the new "OBD-II inspection" program will have a greater emphasis on visual inspection.

Last edited by PA 3L SVT; 08/29/02 09:42 PM.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I am working on getting a 98 svt within the next couple of weeks, how long will this group buy run? If I order after the initial orders can I still get the group rate? Definately want these, but I need to make sure everything is squared away with the car first. let me know...thanks
A 98 is a 2 bolt flange right?

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard