Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Hey, My left front suspension makes noise when It goes up or down. I got Koni adjustables with some H&R springs. I think the noise is coming from the A-frame where it meets the frame. I think it could be the bushings. Anyone ever have to do them? How much to do the job?

Black 98 SVT E0 SOLD!!!! Looking for E55 Those are SICK
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
There were several good threads on the old forums on this topic, suggest you live with squeak until they are accessible or someone posts their actual experience.
Driver's side probably 4-5 hrs labour for pro since you have to drop sub-frame to get access to remove bolts. Alternate method members have used is to cut bolts and re-install with nut on top, retained with cotter pin.
Some have lubricated, but I don't recall the product or the outcome.

FYI and to give you something to read while waiting.

p.s. Bushings not replaceable, they c/w new control arm.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Horseydug is correct as I usually read. For the bushing on my drivers side is bad. I never heard it squeak. I noticed a thumping noise from under my left foot at random. I have just received the drivers side lower control arm this morning. I bought it from fordpartsonline for $124.24 shipped to me. The Ford dealership wants more then that. I have a friend that can do it for me.

1995 Contour LX 238,000 miles
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks guys. But you gotta be kidding, I need to get a whole new lower control arm?! You can't just get the bushings!?
That sucks. I'll try that online store, but you really think it would take 4-5 hours to install one? Could I do it myself? I have a basic knowledge and access to tools.
What should I do????
The squeak sucks!

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I am having this job done to my car tomarrow. If you want I can let you know how long it'll take my friend. And if it looks complicated.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Right on. Thanks alot, I really appreciate that. I'm getting a new apartment and don't really have the money right now.
Yeah, just let me know what it takes...Thanks

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I just looked into replacing that control arm myself (screwed up the ball joint seal during axle relacement). It is a major disassembly process unless you cut the bolts. I would just lube those suckers and forget about it. The old FAQ for rear suspension squeaks mentioned "rubber suspension insulator lubricant" Ford part # E25Y-19553-A.

GalaxyEng 95 SE MTX Electric Red 2001 Corvette Z06 Torch Red/Z06 black 2000 Lightning Red 2003 Jeep Liberty Yes, I like Red Cars!
$
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
$
I lowered my car and after about 6 months when I turn the wheel all the way to one side it sqeaks. It seems like its when I go over bumps only but I can deal w/ it. Just letting you know you're not alone.

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Ok guys. I just had my friend do this job last night. It took him 1 1/2 hours. He did just what Horseydug suggested, he cut bolts and re-install with nut on top, retained with cotter pin. My friend has been wrenching on cars for 20 years plus. He said if anyone doesn't have a torch, or the proper tools to not do this job. He said it wasn't very easy job to do. Especially if someone skills don't go past an oil change.
I just wanted to let you all know how this repair would be.
I hope this helps any of you with questions.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I used to think my suspension squeeked also, but it turned out to be the front bumper cover. Just shake the side of it while the car is parked and listen for the plastic rubbing/squeeking. I small blast of WD40, where the bumper meets the fender, quiets mine down for a few months.

2000 CSVT (#289 of 2150) 1989 Mustang GT

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard