Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I was looking at getting a Koni kit out of a group buy that fell through. Now, I may just replace my stock struts with a new set of stock struts. What kind of springs can I use with Stock struts? I know this info used to be searchable on the old site but the old posts are gone. Also does anyone know if the roush springs can be used with stock struts? I know that they may be out of them by now but I also know they are much cheaper than any of the others.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Stock struts can only handle stock springs and maybe ST200 springs but I"m not sure otherwise! I say spend a few more dollars and get bat struts and then your Spring chioces will be much better!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I 've heard otherwise that eibachs work with the stock struts but they may wear them out sooner??? My main issue isn't so much paying for struts, I just don't want to pay over $200 bucks for springs. Anyone know where to go to get good prices on springs? The bat kit really doesn't offer much of a savings versus buying everything separately.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
I believe that BAT kit is $450.

The cheapest struts that can handle aftermarket springs are BAT's which are 100 X 4 = 400

Cheapest springs I've seen are the rosch which are $125 if you can still get them.

$400+ $125 = $525 = Cheaper than BAT Kit!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ANDYW:
I believe that BAT kit is $450.

The cheapest struts that can handle aftermarket springs are BAT's which are 100 X 4 = 400

Cheapest springs I've seen are the rosch which are $125 if you can still get them.

$400+ $125 = $525 = Cheaper than BAT Kit!

-Andy

Andy, I think the BAT kit is 595...but I could be wrong.
I need to go, or I'd check my resources.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
You are right!

If you notice at the bottom I said the bat was more!
I forgot to change the top number!

-Andy

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
ANDYW mentioned the only ones. Roush springs are made to work with stock struts. Obviously they will be better with better struts, but they work fine. Check out the Cougar board, there are quite a few people over there with them.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard