Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah, and Einstein here put a pad on backwards! He had the backing plate against the rotor and the friction material against the caliper!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
At least they weren't mine! Oh wait that didn't sound right. Hey I was tired. That's my story.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I just installed new front pads and rotors in my car. The first thing I really notice is the pad is really mushy, i'm going to get the brakes bleed on monday so that should take car of that problem. So the next one is that i'm starting to notice a really weird sound coming from the brakes when i'm stoping. It almost sounds like a grinding sound of some sort and it won't go away. Is there something I should do to stop this noise, cuz it's really making me nervous when i'm stoping for something.

1997 T-Red Contour V-6 MTX It HaS BeGuN!!!!!!!!!!!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by trujap:
I just installed new front pads and rotors in my car. The first thing I really notice is the pad is really mushy, i'm going to get the brakes bleed on monday so that should take car of that problem. So the next one is that i'm starting to notice a really weird sound coming from the brakes when i'm stoping. It almost sounds like a grinding sound of some sort and it won't go away. Is there something I should do to stop this noise, cuz it's really making me nervous when i'm stoping for something.

Like was mentioned earlier, check the spring clips on the front of the caliper. If they are not on correctly you will get a mushy pedal and lots of scraping/grinding noise. Putting them on the first time is a major PITA. I've done it multiple times now and I curse the devils who designed them every time.

'99 Black SVT Join the SVTOA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard