Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by alex_96GL:
Buddy, I lived in Lansing, MI for 5 years: I know what I'm talking about. NYC and surrounding NJ area gets the cake.
I'm done w/ OT ramblings now

I agree 100% with you. I currently have 3 bent rims (awaiting new ones at the end of the month). I don't know too many people with aftermarket wheels that haven't bent or cracked at least one. Roads around my NJ town and anywhere remotely surrounding it are absolutely horrendous...

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I have these rims on my ride and it handles great I even went as far as to test the handling on my way down to WV a couple weeks after I bought them. I went through SE Ohio too where theres alot of mountain-ous roads and the FSVT rims AND the Aussie bar worked great, what a combo My tires are the BFG KDW P215-45-17's, AWESOME! So to those who say they don't fit or even look out of place....

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Chris Arslanyan talked to a SVT engineer a while back and was told that you'd need spacers with the SVT Focus wheels to maintain [insert engineering term here] proper weight distribution of the car, etc.

BAT has the SVT Focus wheels listed at 49 mm, and our stock wheels are 49.5 IIRC. So thats basically the same offset with a 1/2 inch wider wheel. I also vaguely remember someone saying eons ago that the ST200 rims were a 42 offset and 7" wide, but I'm not positive about that.

Someone had posted pics of their SVT with the FSVT rims before the old boards went down, hopefully they'll see this and be able to post pics again .

Jesse 98.5 SVT (sold) 2000 Explorer
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Well guys I've had my FSVT wheels now for about 3weeks now. They do not stick out more vs the 16's, they are a little more flush with the wheel well. As far as the width i took a tape measure before i had the wheels mounted, they measure 17x7 1/2. People have said that these wheels are also heavy, but its really not much more than the E1s about 2-3lbs. But as for the offset.....i dunno .

98svt wrecked 00svt sold 05 GTO m6 my new toy
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
more like 6lb weight difference from what I know
I've got my E1 from someone who put FSVT wheels on, so that's what his measurements say.

I'd say that's a lot considering that the weight is mostly distributed towards the outer circumference. that said, I think my 225/50-16 tires are heavier than E1 wheels so that's a hard act to follow for a production wheel

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
if its 6 pounds difference then...man my sense of feeling is way off! I need to check myself more often now...i'm losing hair and i'm only 22.

98svt wrecked 00svt sold 05 GTO m6 my new toy
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Hey Everyone,
Here are some pics from my car showing the offset. If you have any questions, ask away!
Andreas
Contour with FSVT Rims

2002 CD Silver SVT Focus 1998.5 Toredor Red SVT Contour 1998 Triple Black SVT Cobra Vert www.cobraunit.corral.net
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard