Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Just wondering how people get the 9mm spark plug wires fitted around the engine bay. The stock brackets that were used to keep the wires nice and neat won't fit the bigger wires, or at least I was unable to get them that way. At the moment they're held in place by a bit of wire so I'm just wondering about a neater solution.

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
You could try using a Dremel tool to widen out the existing brackets. Works pretty well, just takes a little time.

'98 Contour LX-White 2.5L ATX 94,000 miles KKM Tru-Rev / FMS Wires 19mm BAT rear swaybar
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
there are aftermarket looms available at most autoparts places, I think Ford Racing also has them available, but I've never taken the time to research this. I seem to recall that it was either printed on the wire box, or on the Ford Racing website.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
I dremeled mine too...It does take a little time to do it nice and not go to crazy. Remove the melted plastic flashing with a exacto knife and sand smooth with some fine grit paper. Should be no problem!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I was able to get wires into the carriers OK, but I couldn't put the covers back on so I left them off. The wires fit in very snug, so the covers aren't needed hold them in place.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard