Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KBOOM37 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Recently i acquired a 1995 contour with a dead 2.5 duratec motor.I now have a replacement and i am told that in order to replace it you have to drop complete transaxle asssmbly together out of car through the bottom (yuk).Can anyone tell me wether you can take just take the engine alone through the top (still yuk but better).

Last edited by KBOOM37; 08/19/02 01:14 AM.
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Not 100% sure, but your information sounds correct.

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Originally posted by KBOOM37:
Recently i acquired a 1995 contour with a dead 2.5 duratec motor.I now have a replacement and i am told that in order to replace it you have to drop complete transaxle asssmbly together out of car through the bottom (yuk).Can anyone tell me wether you can take just take the engine alone through the top (still yuk but better).

Not in one piece. I imagine that if you pulled the heads off it could be done. From looking at it, maybe if you got the exhaust manifold and oil filter off the front bank it could be squeezed out.

But the shop manual has it being dropped, which is easy to do. It's getting the rest of the car that far up in the air that's a challenge.

Two Red Tours! (Oops, No Red Tours!) '03 Subaru Forester X 5-speed '02 SVT Focus - not fast, just fun!
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Please let me that your not replacing it with another 2.5 Where's the enthusiasm in that! 3.0 or not at all I say!

Lee Cox No Contours to speak of...
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
i didnt do it myself when my motor was replaced but from what i hear there is more stuff you can break going up. like the vss and other things. so i hear its mutch better going down.

98se, cheap exhaust-hopefully soon the brullen, hella rs bodykit and eibach's and koni's soon, 17" konig persuits, falken 512 215/45/17, lots more to come, anyone with a pre 98 trunk pm me if you can get rid of it. aim name is konig17se98
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I pulled the engine and transaxle together from the top.
And yes, you can do it with the manifolds and oil filter on.

'00 CSVT #570 - 3L hybrid '95 Mystique - 2001 3L

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard