Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I noticed since last week whenever I gas to around 70MPH it makes a weird vibrating noise. It vibrates the floor and gas pedal and making a quick rattle-type noise. The engine light is not on.. I have no idea what is wrong. Even if I let go of the gas at 70, it will still make the noise alittle and then stop until I gas it again. Also... when I accelerate I can "feel" it coming too... it just sounds different. Any ideas on what this could be?? It couldn't be the wheel bearing could it?

A
OP Offline
A
bump and update - when i say i hear it "coming" i meant that the acceleration noise isn't how it use to be.. anyone have any ideas on this? give it a shot! i'm willing to try ANYTHNG!!!

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i have this problem to when i get around 60 MPH...i assume its my tires...they need to be changed or rotated or something....its a pain in the asssssss....

99 Sport-Silver Frost *SVT Ground Effx *30% Tints *SVT Exhaust *Tinted Rear Reflector *KKM Intake *Modded Silverstars *Magnaflow Res. #10425 *Wood Grain Kit
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
when my car got out of alignment after hitting a curb I had that problem severly at highway speeds. It could be something as simple as that.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Your rattle/vibration in the footwell could be a loose heat shield on the main cat or something else on or around the exhaust & y-pipe. If you feel it in the steering read on...

I had a humming noise and slight vibration that would grow in intensity from about 35 to 60 MPH. After replacing one wheel bearing and starting on the second one, I discovered the left side inner CV joint was very worn. This was around 120K miles, so the wear was not unexpected. NAPA has the axles for about $65 and it's quiet as mouse now!

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Did you replace the axle yourself? I just did my left axle and it was a Major PITA.

GalaxyEng 95 SE MTX Electric Red 2001 Corvette Z06 Torch Red/Z06 black 2000 Lightning Red 2003 Jeep Liberty Yes, I like Red Cars!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yeah, left side. I was already in the process of pulling the knuckle, so it wasn't too bad. I had to get a loaner slide hammer with a reverse claw clamp (autozone) to get the inner u-joint cup out of the tranny.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Was your girlfriend in the car with you at the time?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard