Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
yep, that's right I've got 225/50-16 Sumitomo HTR+ on E1 wheels and they are rubbing in the back.

the not so funny part of the story is that they are rubbing against the tie-bar: something I don't recall hearing here...

guess my option is to put spacers in the back (and new studs too) I don't need nore than 5mm so I shouldn't upset the offset too much either

let me know what you think

A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
put the same wheels on my '98. no rubbing
that's the same freaking car! wtf is going on

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
The 98's sit higher off the ground... Also smaller bar. Take a pic so we can see what your refering too.

Lee Cox No Contours to speak of...
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
umm, it's kinda dark now, so no pictures. the tie-bar rubs against the inside sidewall of the tire. I'm not sure its size changed between model years, but don't quote me on that. higher or lower probably does not matter because, like I said, it rubs against the inside side wall. the only reason I could think of is a change suspension geometry, but again aside from different sway bars and different struts/springs (both shape and valving) I'm not sure there were any changes.

A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
hey, no picture of the car, but you can see the tie bar (highilghted in red) on the third picture in the album "96"
clickity-click
as a side note: do you guys think I need a bigger fridge?

back to the suspension geometry: Lance pointed out that there was some change in the offset in '98 MY. So I guess the geometry was reworked... learn something every day... sometimes, the hard way.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Oh' I thought you were talking about your '98...but your running 225 on your '96?

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard