Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
In reply to:

Originally posted by ContourPunk
thats a good idea of hooking all the neons to one switch. yeah im putting the switchbox inside the center console because it has that armrest that flips up and there is the space in there, thats where im putting the box, that way it is hidden like you are saying. yeah if you can get pics up tomorrow that would be cool and i'll try to do the same, only sometime this weekend..
youve been alot of help, thanks
i was also wondering, i read your sig and it was saying you put screens in your sunvisors, how hard and expensive was that?
thanks again for your help and diagrams, i knew i could count on people who know contours in and our

your welcome

the screens cost me $140 a piece and were fairly easy to install. the only bad part was takin out the mirror assembly and cleaning some of the foam out to fit the houseing for the screeen in.
I will take pics if i can when i get off work. I hope everything goes well.If you need help again just ask.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
As promised I am uploading the pics to my computer and then to pbase. So i sould be done within the hour.( freakin slow 56k )

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
cool, lemme know when they are up and ready to look at! im starting my interior work in the morning

------------ *2003 Mustang, Redfire, 5-speed, 15,000 miles and counting.. sequential tails, reflective bumper inserts, smoked headlight covers, stereo, ps2, 6.4 lcd screen, stright-thru duals... *95 Contour GL, 152K miles and counting...
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I am sorry i havnt posted pics yet but for some reason pbase isnt working right.I am in the process of findig a new host for my pics.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Sorry for the quality it was a disposable camera.

The center console with the switches

The screens in the sunvisor

Dvd player in center console

my speaker box i made

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Anything new? You get everything finished?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Hey.. as per my profile, you can tell that I have done the switches in the armrest, too..

I bought a black, rectangular "project-box" from Rat Shack, and drilled holes in the lid of the box, to mount my toggle switches to. (My switches control totally different things, though.. ) I am glad to hear that you are taking the same path. If you remove your gearshift (if you have the MTX) and then your shift boot, you can see into the center plastic console, and will ease in running wires from your cig-lighter to your armrest. I ran mine down the center, along the drivers side of that console, and drilled a hole in the bottom corner of the inside of my armrest, to poke the wires into.

Keep me posted on your progress..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard