Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
hey i gotta a couple of interior things, glowing racing pedals and a few neons. i also bought some windshield washer l.e.d.'s. my plan is to run all the wiring to the center console where ive made a switch box with a few switches..i was also thinking of putting them on the cig. lighter fuse for power, is this a good idea? and do i have to take the dashboard or anything completly off to run all the wires up to the center console? any help will be great
thanks..

------------ *2003 Mustang, Redfire, 5-speed, 15,000 miles and counting.. sequential tails, reflective bumper inserts, smoked headlight covers, stereo, ps2, 6.4 lcd screen, stright-thru duals... *95 Contour GL, 152K miles and counting...
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
1) How many Switches?
2) Do you use the cig lighter at all?

One way I did mine since I dont smoke was to get rid of the cig lighter and use the wires off the back of it. I ran all my neons, dvd player, remote wire for amp,fm modulator to the wires for the cig ligher. But you may use the cig lighter so you may just be want to tap into the ground and power if you still want to retain the cig lighter.

You wouldnt happen to have pics on your progress you have made would ya? I think it might be easier to help lay it out that way.

HTH
Chris

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
4 switches and no i dont use the cig lighter at all, im 16 years young!
but i dont have many pics of my progress yet, i do have pics of the switch box, but as i do stuff to my car im gonna be taking pictures so i'll be posting them soon

------------ *2003 Mustang, Redfire, 5-speed, 15,000 miles and counting.. sequential tails, reflective bumper inserts, smoked headlight covers, stereo, ps2, 6.4 lcd screen, stright-thru duals... *95 Contour GL, 152K miles and counting...
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Are the switches: on / off

Or : on / off / on

Helps give better descrition for a diagram i am whiping up

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
here is a pic of the switchbox...its on and off..hopefully it'll help

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
In reply to:

Originally posted by ContourPunk
here is a pic of the switchbox...its on and off..hopefully it'll help

OK cool deal will be done with a wiring diagram in a split.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i am by far no artist so bare with me

click for bigger pic

click for bigger pic

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
thanks, im pretty sure i understand where youre coming from with your diagrams
i have the pedals, the l.e.d.'s, 1 neon, and then a set of 2 neons on one supply...so each thing will have its own switch..
i think im going to wire it up under the center console and into the switchbox. and using your diagram to hook it up to the cig outlet.
im pretty sure we're on the same page, if you need any other pics or anything i'll try to get some up, but i dont have any of my car yet, those will probably be taken tomorrow sometime and i'll upload them tomorrow or sunday, but sunday is when im going to be wiring everything together so i'll even try to post some shots of my process

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
If i can when i get off tomorrow i will take pics of my reconstructed center console so i might be a lil easier fr yu to understand.My switches are hidden so you will see just the basic setup for my install.

You cold wire the 1 neon an the 2 connected neons to the same switch that way it leaves the last one open if you put amp in and want it on a switchable powersource later on (makes it much easier on you so you dont have to install another serperate switch).

Glad to be of some service.

Chris

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
thats a good idea of hooking all the neons to one switch. yeah im putting the switchbox inside the center console because it has that armrest that flips up and there is the space in there, thats where im putting the box, that way it is hidden like you are saying. yeah if you can get pics up tomorrow that would be cool and i'll try to do the same, only sometime this weekend..
youve been alot of help, thanks
i was also wondering, i read your sig and it was saying you put screens in your sunvisors, how hard and expensive was that?
thanks again for your help and diagrams, i knew i could count on people who know contours in and our

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard