Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#412310 08/16/02 07:43 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Can you guys help me out I am looking to put the 2.5L or the 3.0L into my Focus. Now my question is which of these two motors would be better at handling more boost and a little laughing gas? Also if going turbo is not the way to go with these motors which motor should I still swap in the Focus?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
A lower compression 2.5 may be better for boost & NOS....my 2 cents

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
I would ask just how wild you were going to go on the engine... a mild 2.5 vs a mild 3.0 I'd go with a mild 3.0 because you'll get more HP and TQ at a useable RPM. If you're going to go full bore wild, high psi, high N2O shot, the 2.5 will have a better chance of holding itself together slinging around the smaller slugs. Of course, if you have the money to buy a stronger crank, Ti rods, and forged pistons... 3 liter... bigger is better .

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
In reply to:

Originally posted by bnoon
If you're going to go full bore wild, high psi, high N2O shot, the 2.5 will have a better chance of holding itself together slinging around the smaller slugs. Of course, if you have the money to buy a stronger crank, Ti rods, and forged pistons... 3 liter... bigger is better .

Also, doesnt the 3.0 have siamezed bores which could cause more heat problems under high boost?

IMHO (non expert), with a turbo even the 2.5 can make more power than you can get to the ground effectively (450 HP 2.5T Dutweiller engine) without MAJOR chassis/suspension/tranny work (ie drag car). Unless a drag car is your goal, why 3.0T?? What is a FWD car going to do with 600 HP????

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard