Next Thread
Print Thread
#412032 08/16/02 05:30 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I'm trying to remove the wiper cowl grille so I can run wire thru the firewall. So I unscrewed all the screws holding down the grille, and removed the nuts holding the wiper blades on. But the wiper blades will not pull off the bolt. Do I need to do something else or just use more muscle? I was worried somehow messing up my perfectly working wiper motor. TIA.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
I had trouble with that and I used 2 different ways to get them off. For the passenger side, I was able to do it by lifting wiper blade at the hinge -like when you clean your windshield- and them pulling the arm straight off the bolt.

For the driver's side I used a battery terminal puller to get it off.

Oh yeah, I also used some PB blaster (like liquid wrench) to losen everything up.

'99 SVT Blk/mid blue #2414 7/30/99 (a Friday car) '99 SE (Wife's)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Just 'bump' the wiper arm 'hub' near the spindle, its a taper seat..us a rubber mallet...'with care'.!

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Or after you unbolt the wiper arm,let it snap back down on the windshield a few times.Or fold the arm up and push down on the arm.Just use some of those big muscles!

I AM WE TODD IT I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
When you put it back together, use a little anti-sieze compound on the splines so that it will be easier to remove if you ever need to again.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard