Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
My IMRC had been sticking open after every start and the first pass thru 3700RPM (common problem).I got the CEL for stuck open IMRC.I called ford and a new one is $135.00.Well me being MR.fix it decided to take mine out of the car and see If I could find out what was wrong with it.Ends up the electrical plug part of the "box",the soldered connections inside the box worked loose.If you open the box and look where the leads coming out of the black plug solder to the cicuit board youll see the connections loose.So all I had to do was resolder those and it fixed the stuck open IMRC.Well then I noticed my cable is fraied so Ill probably be needing a new one soon anyway unless I can find a way to prevent furhter damage.

I AM WE TODD IT I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
If it helps people, I can pick up an IMRC for $97.50! Just add shipping.

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
atascadero ford sells it for ninety-something, it was 105 shipped to my house. i think the website is www.fordpartsonline.com

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard