Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I have now seen THREE older cars have that feature. (You know.. the one that keeps the radio powered up, even after you remove the key from the ignition, until someone opens a door..) I know it is a relay, that is energized by the ignition, and released by the door, somehow, but still. I can't find ANYTHING searching the web. Anyone have any info on this mod, or even a better name to search by than "radio power relay" or "keeps the frigging radio on until the car is off" search strings?

Any help is appreciated..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
In the case of GM cars that do this I believe it is the direct result of the computer. Instead of a 12v power wire going to the stereo it has a data feed line. I've wanted to do the same thing in my car and I'm sure there is a way to do it. Problem is I don't have the time money or electrical knowledge to do this.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I don't see why this is such an important feature.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Hector:
I don't see why this is such an important feature.

Not important, but it would be nice indeed... I'll look into it as soon as I get enough free time..

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Hehehe opinions differ...I personally don't like it. Everytime I turn off the Suburby and the music doesn't stop I'm like "STFU!"

It's definitely a computer thing, like how the Tour door handles auto-unlock in the front seats so you can open the door even though it was locked. You don't know how many times I'll try and open a locked door on other cars...

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Ausgedient:
Hehehe opinions differ...I personally don't like it. Everytime I turn off the Suburby and the music doesn't stop I'm like "STFU!"

It's definitely a computer thing, like how the Tour door handles auto-unlock in the front seats so you can open the door even though it was locked. You don't know how many times I'll try and open a locked door on other cars...

Heh heh.. I know the feeling! It happens to me all the time in my wife's car..

For the radio thing, it's a matter of personal taste - maybe I'll try it and I won't like it....

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard