Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
We were working on getting a GB going for a Koni Kit that was supposed to be in the neighborhood of $600. Is this buy still going to happen? Any chance of just buying the kit on a one off basis and if so how much?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
OK, info & options.First off my supplier in Europe has about a $5 difference between one kit and ten so the qty bought won't help the price much.The 'basic' kit is over $600 but the options are as listed .Option 1) The 'basic' Koni and matched spring kit, as reviewed by Mike Sidel will be $775.63 + s&h etc Option 2) As 1) but BAT camber kit added ,$910.63 + s&h etc Option 3) As 1) but fully assembled with new Ford components re top spring mounts,bearings,bump stops,boots etc and SPRINGS COMPRESSED ready for fitting $1,084.15 + s&h etc Option 4) as 3) but built up with BAT camber adjust units with SPRINGS FULLY COMPRESSED etc.$1,168.33+ S&H. S&H will be based on zip etc as these are heavy kits to ship.If anyone is still interested let me know as its 4-6 weeks out of Europe from time of order.Regards TH

Last edited by Terry Haines; 08/16/02 06:40 PM.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Is option 1 with the Aussie bar? ("As reviewed...")

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
will there be a group buy for seperate parts - bat adj camber plates, or Terry, will you be offering different camber adj. for those of us who have other options already in hand? THX for bringing the options to us....

98 Black SVT
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The options are as listed without the Aussie Bar.If you already have the Koni ST200 Kit contact Eric for the camber plates...regards TH

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Terry,I've been looking through Performance Ford lately (not sure if you are familiar with that rag) Are the springs made by koni? I have seen several different setups from vendors in there.

-Pete

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Koni do not make springs, the company they get the matched springs from is R.O.C.....

S
S
For those who have not seen my posts from "old" forums, just a quick note on this setup. I've had it for over a month now, and all I can say is that it is killer!

I have now competed in two SCCA autocrosses in Street Touring and my times are consistenntly 3-4 seconds better than they would have been on a comparable course prior to mods. How can I tell -- comparatively simple analysis of the one guy who ran constantly a tenth of a second faster than me prior, is now that marginal slower. I had many, many comments this past weekend, two of them from noncompeting SVT owners on how well the car is tracking and handling now. Understeer is essentially gone (if any left, so slight as to not be noticable in the heat of competition.) Also, the whole package has seemingly greatly reduced torque steer, at least under autoX conditions. I'll hopefully also be testing it out at MidOhio in Oct. for a NASA event there , so should have some feedback on road course application.

Bottom line: A great setup -- if you don't have an Aussie or ability to get one, the readily available alternative ain't that bad from the Florida distributor. Particularly, Terry's assembled units are a great deal. Should cut down labor immensely, whether having a shop do it or DIY.

As far as I am concerned, this is the way to go.

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions Race Control Marshall #53 Silver Street Touring S '98 Contour GL; 2.5l-5 spd Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive sport springs from HMS!! Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry BAT Camber/Caster through HMS PF Spherical Ball End Links Bridgestone S-03's Grizzly Clutch lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz) DMD from incomparable Terry Haines! K&N & Dynomax Mintex pads Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Thanks Mike,track & competition testing is a great test of the set up.Thank you for the info , BTW the electric Water Pump 'custom kit' ships out today.regards TH

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
ttt...for those in the suspension forum who were interested...TH

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard