Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
S
S
well i got my bumper micah and it is at the body shop being worked on.........my bumper had two cracks in it....we found after a few coats of primer went on initially......they were on the very top of the bumper, and were very symmetrical......i am figuring a manufacturing thing, no biggie though, bumper should be installed as early as wed, as late as fri........will try to get pics up........

any suggestions as to "reinforcing" the bumper?

-chris- 96 gl: 18 adr reactions, SVT rear bumper & side-skirts, Magnaflow exhaust, CTA Intake, ACCEL coil, 9mm wires, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Sony Xplod Mobile ES, OBX pedals w/dead pedal, neons, bnmotorsports gauges, autometer monster tach, and ZAINO!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
that is me up above....i realize now, that whatever name you signed up with long ago is the name that is now displayed so i just registered again...

but thanks again Micah for everything and i will try to get pics up soon!

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
alright, 2 bumpers shipped yesterday. due to the fact I dont have a truck, I had to make a trip for each bumper. I will be shipping today too and will let you know who it is for.

Reinforcement would be adding some fiberglass, well you can get fiberglass material at a car parts store then get some boat resin or something to that degree, add the material and resin in places you think is needed. I think the side of the bumper where it wraps around would be a good place for strength also place where the bolts go maybe. the place where you put it is up to you. But if you dont reinforce make sure to undercoat the back of the bumper.

Micah

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Wasssuuuupppp Micah??? Are you still comming down here??? Inquiring minds would like to know...

John Was 96 Contour Zetec RIP Now 2001 Chrysler 300M.... I Will Have Another Soon... I AM NO TRADER......
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
we're dropping to the bottom of the totem poll.

TTT

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
So who got the two bumpers that were just shipped? I dont want mine to be sitting at Greyhoud for a week without knowing it

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I've got one on the way...it should be here today/tomorrow.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
N. E. Word on the bumpers? Anyone know anything new? Micah?

cta intake essilenger udp odp 9mm ford racing wires hp accel coil custom fog lights svt kit with micahs pre98 svt bumper 17 inch speedy holotype wheels 215 45 Ventus HRII tires custom wood dash magnaflow exhaust
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
sorry guys,

that accident real came at the worst time, getting everything taking care of now. 1-2 more will be shipping tommorrow, I will call you and post here to let you know who you are.

Micah

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Micah, since you worked on these bumpers to make them fit a pre 98 contour you might be able to help me out. How much work would it take to make one of these bumpers fit a pre 98 mystique, or else how much money do you think it would cost to have a shop make the bumper fit?

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard