#407342 05/03/02 03:57 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I never said a word.....! whats up???? confused

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#407343 05/03/02 04:28 PM
W
W
Hahaha,

Guilty Conscience. j/k

:p

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
#407344 05/03/02 05:08 PM
H
H
Okay Chris, you didn't have to cry and lock the turbo pic thread. First off, I really do applaud you for your efforts. Seriously, I do. I want you to succeed. I may not buy it but maybe if I ever stumbled across enough free money I would.

But anyways, I still think a shorty header would fit. And no, I don't know a member of SAE but their headquarters is thiry minutes from my home in Cranberry Twp., PA in the Thorn Hill Industrial Park. Should I go pay somebody a visit?

In my opinion, there are only two complexities in designing a turbo kit. First, designing a quality exhaust system that will fit the application, and two, engine management by mapping fuel curves, boost retard and spark. And the latter is definitely the most complex.

I say go back to the designing board.

stock 1998 silver frost SVT E0
#407345 05/03/02 05:27 PM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Quote:
Originally posted by holycowSVTpaul:
...I say go back to the designing board.
Did you just overlook this section I wrote?

"These are prototypes. The real ones will have a little more angle on the primaries coming from cyl 2-3 and 4-5. These will be fine for proof of concept.

Beats the HELL out of the stock manifolds!"

Are you buying one when they are finished Paul? Are you even considering purchasing one? I'm just really curious. wink

BTW, the second prototypes are done. The first set didn't have the proper clearance for electronics, etc. I think everyone will "approve" of the new ones. Pic #2 is coming soon.

Just chill! laugh

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
#407346 05/03/02 10:09 PM
Chris, I think you were dead on in another post of yours when you wrote that you would only release photos when you were done with the R&D and had the final product to show. I think you should stick to your guns on that one. You satisfied our wants for a picture of your work, and all you got in return was a bunch of "engineers" chimeing in on how you should do things.
Quote:
I say go back to the designing board.
I say show me your qualifications, svtPaul, to make such an absurd statement!

God knows I am still waiting for the $7000 to fall from the sky that I would need for YOUR turbo kit installed with all the goodies (quaife, bulldog box, etc...) laugh Thanks for all the work, and for what will be one bad *ss turbo kit! -Nick

"My family hauler can kick your family hauler's @SS!"
~~~~1999 Contour SE Sport~~~~
-KKM True Rev
-Custom cat back Flowmaster exhaust
-All Cat's fixed.
-SHO Shop Off-Road Y-pipe
-Many other Mod's done...
#407347 05/03/02 11:50 PM
H
H
Well maybe being an armchair critic has its merits. I am patiently waiting for pic number two. If I like it, I will tell you. Keep up the good work.

#407348 05/04/02 05:47 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by holycowSVTpaul:
Well maybe being an armchair critic has its merits. I am patiently waiting for pic number two. If I like it, I will tell you. Keep up the good work.
Maybe they are just throwing would-be copycats off that get too noisy and/or pester them.

When the kits ready for realease I'm sure we will all be in for a pleasant surprise or two or three or...

No need to give out possible trade secrets now.

BTW - Who knows if the people with reserves down get more info too???
Again this falls back to protecting ones investments...

...and while I'm in this mode... laugh

For all those that are worrying about the time involved. Look back (or research) at how long Vortech took to make a kit the doesn't even work (most of the time) eek

I say, "get it right the first time!" wink

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#407349 05/04/02 01:56 PM
H
H
I hate to ask it, but are the pipes after the headers and collecting before the turbo gonna be equal length too? The downpipe after the turbo I imagine should eventually reach its stock location.

Also, Chris, were you planning on retaining the quasi dual exhaust after the cat and possibly bagging the mufflers too?

#407350 05/05/02 12:47 AM
W
W
HOLY COW! SVT Paul! You are really pushing buttons now aren't you?
You have a semi-polite way of writing things that really end up being quite mean.

You can keep prodding him, or maybe you could leave him alone to do his job his way. He's probably got enough things going on right now.
You know what they say, 'too many cooks spoil the broth.'

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
#407351 05/05/02 05:29 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:
You know what they say, 'too many cooks spoil the broth.'

warmonger
...or too many thieves try to prod out proprietary information & rattle customers by calling anothers design theories in question...

Hole Theoried Paul I would really take my last post to heart...

Just look how you appear to everyone.

You subtly insult the design theories in hope they will tell and show you exactly what their plans are. When they don't for Obvious reasons you bad mouth and try and belittle them even more trying to draw the information out.
When all that work turns up a mock up of a log style manifold you go off on that too hoping to hit more pay dirt...

Guess what. They're not biting... You however... :p

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#407352 05/05/02 02:07 PM
H
H
I like your conspiracy theory there. No, I am not planning on building my own turbo kit nor am I fishing for trade secrets here. I just tune into the BB just like everyone else and am getting excited like everyone else about all this turbo talk. So I express a few opinions, so what? Again, I applaud Chris. So I come across rude, doesn't Terry at times? And I like him too. But oh well. It's just a bulletin board, lighten up!

#407353 05/05/02 02:31 PM
S
S
Somehow I don't think they are going to steal any ideas, I think Chris is going to have a hard enough time making money on this as it is. I sure hope he does though...

R

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
#407354 05/06/02 09:56 PM
R
R
As much as I hate to do it...

I have to agree with Demon on this one...

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard