Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407293 04/26/02 01:51 PM
R
redhawk Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So I remember the post about the diesel electric S/C and the one that was featured on a website that looked as if it was designed by someone at Nopi...

What is the real deal with these things? Are they effective? If so, what's the issue with fitting them on a contour? Routing and plumbing?

Anyone have any experience with these?

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
F
F
If you are talking about the E-ram , bnoon had one installed for a breif time. IIRC it made about 7 hp at the wheels, dyno proven. You would need to modify the intake extensively to get it to fit though.

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by fst4dr:
If you are talking about the E-ram , bnoon had one installed for a breif time. IIRC it made about 7 hp at the wheels, dyno proven. You would need to modify the intake extensively to get it to fit though.

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by bnoon:
Quote:
Originally posted by fst4dr:
[b]If you are talking about the E-ram , bnoon had one installed for a breif time. IIRC it made about 7 hp at the wheels, dyno proven. You would need to modify the intake extensively to get it to fit though.
9[/b]
Stop it, or I'm gonna want one. laugh

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
B
B
I want two, but I thought my $600 was better spent elsewhere for the time being... wink

EDIT: I guess there's always Ebay... no bidding against "bjcooln", OK?

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
P
P
Don't worry, I'm on a want vs. need basis for car spending. I WANT a new intake setup, I NEED new front lower control arms. frown

American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
Don't worry, I'm on a want vs. need basis for car spending. I WANT a new intake setup, I NEED new front lower control arms. frown
How do you know when they are worn out?

James

SVT with CE light mod and a camera mount.
Naughty Pictures
Why yes it is true, I am on my third engine.
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by British Banger:
Quote:
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
[b]Don't worry, I'm on a want vs. need basis for car spending. I WANT a new intake setup, I NEED new front lower control arms. frown
How do you know when they are worn out?

James[/b]
My symptoms:

Won't hold an alignment. Got it done and 3 weeks later it was out. Inside of the fronts wears at an alarming rate. That's the ball joints (per TH), which are riveted into the lower arms. They can be replaced seperately by drilling the rivets out, but ...

I also have heavy driveline lash under tip in or hard shifting. That's the lower arm bushings being worn out. Actually first pointed out by my local Ford dealer (when trying to troubleshoot the stupid spring guard knock), but I wasn't gonna pay them $700 to replace them.

No point in replacing the ball joints if the whole arm needs to be replaced as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard