Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
fst4dr Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Just want to compare pressure under WO throttle. Mine is messed up I think. As soon as I go WO, the pressure pegs at over 100! Then after a few seconds it slowly falls back to about 70 psi. The car hardly pulls at 100, put steadily pulls harder and harder until it hits 70, where it is pulling like crazy. I know something is wrong with it, but it has just gotten pretty bad the last few weeks, and prompted me to do something about it. I have already taken apart the FMU and all seems good that I can see. Any help would be great.

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
G
G
When you installed the FMU, did you install the restrictor oriface in the pressure line leading to it? Tis would cause the spiking.. the initial boost of pressure causes a surge on the Diapraghm inside and thus a sudden increase in fuel pressure, but it will even out eventually(which sounds exactly like your case). Good Luck.

Tony Blatnica
99 Contour SE-Sport 2.5ATX
SVT Exhaust - Removed resonator
TH-Fix
F
fst4dr Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Quote:
Originally posted by GoodwinToo:
When you installed the FMU, did you install the restrictor oriface in the pressure line leading to it? Tis would cause the spiking.. the initial boost of pressure causes a surge on the Diapraghm inside and thus a sudden increase in fuel pressure, but it will even out eventually(which sounds exactly like your case). Good Luck.

Could you tell me what that is? I installed just like Vortch said to in the intruction manual. Does it install on the fuel line, or the Vacuum line? This sounds like it is the problem.

Thanks

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry

Link Copied to Clipboard