Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
O
O
Terry, I already have a head at a machine shop getting P&P job, it is getting a whole bunch of goodies when it gets rebuilt laugh I am also going to rebuild the bottom end with some quality forged steel products, but where should I get them? I was thinking about using Burton power or Dunnel engines, any input? I f I do this right should I be able to sustain 350hp? maybe More ? wink

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec SS (SuperSleeper)
Suffice it to say my mod list has become so long that it is just ridiculous
G
G
Terry,
Are your boost figures including the reading at 1 atmosphere + boost (ie 14.7 to be at air pressure and then say 3 psi for boost from the turbo, or the 14.7 at atmosphere + the 7psi from the turbo?) It seems to me that alot of people reading this thread are thinking that your turbo will be making 22psi of pressure...if so... ummmm at 22psi from the turbo, How come the HP and Torque figures are so low? wink
I just think that some people on here who arent familiar with turbos(and from North America.. not familiar with Bar pressure readings, and how Euros' read turbo power) see your figure and are like.. WHOA!! but they need to realize that They are notgoing to be getting a 22psi turbo... Anywyas keep up the good work, I'm enjoying reading about all this.

Tony Blatnica
99 Contour SE-Sport 2.5ATX
SVT Exhaust - Removed resonator
TH-Fix
S
S
Good call, I figured the 22 psi turbo was a little off. Considering stock internals...thats a lot of boost! I forget the conversion but isn't 1 bar equivelant to 1 atmosphere at sea-level?

W
W
Quote:
Originally posted by SQPlus:
Good call, I figured the 22 psi turbo was a little off. Considering stock internals...thats a lot of boost! I forget the conversion but isn't 1 bar equivelant to 1 atmosphere at sea-level?

at sea level:

1 bar = 1 atmosphere = 14.5 psi

S
S
I'm so smart! :rolleyes: Thanks wonj.

S
S
Sir Terry Haines or at least Terry Haines MBE, I'll have to talk to Liz.
Will the ATX stand a stage 1 with Intercooler?
I know its the same tranny as the v6 but I think there were internal changes for torque capacity

'69 Chevelle SS
'99 Mystaque GS
F
FFE Offline
F
I won't beable to do it for a couple of reasons.
1. Parents (think I drive to fast)
2. Money (going to collage next year)
3. Lead Foot (I do drive fast laugh well as fast as can be expected with a stock zetec)

My question is in the ATX, mainley the 2stage. 300 Bhp so that will be plenty of horse to tear a tranny apart.

Also If you would rebuild the complete engine with the hole works would you be able to take it closer to 400bhp and say by by mustange :P

The mustange drivers face would be priceless.

1996 Mercury Mystique stock (so far)

The leading cause of Atheism in the world are Christians, who accept Jesus with their mouth but walk out the door and deny him by their actions.
(*DC Talks greatest hits. track 15)
A
A
SO...any thoughts on a 2.5 SVT turbo?

The zetec turbo sounds cool ass hell, and some people want to do a swap, but I'm gonna wait for a 2.5 duratec turbo...I know Terry's working on it or planning on it...

A. Van
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
98 Contour SVT ( For Sale )

SVT/SHO
Society
T
OP Offline
T
We are developing on the Zetec for many reasons,the main one being cost. The four cylinder is a cheaper option for R&D Vs the V6, a lot of what we learn from dyno testing, calibration etc will be applied to the V6.A lot of the V6 t/c components have been designed/ 'cobbled' up for the V6 and we are moving forward on the system but the Zetec will be ready first.

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
J
J
And the V6(mine) will be next. WWooHHOoooooooo
Terry, did you contact that company I sent you the link too? Did their software look ok?

Just call me Judge.
People suck.
Life begins at 170mph...until that point it is just boring.....
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard