Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402866 12/26/01 08:16 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Anyone know what is a good setting for fuel pressure once with a 3.0?

I have adjusted mine to run 65 psi.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
W
OP Offline
W
Ok, I can answer my own question now. 65 psi may be too high. The fuel pump moans like an unpaid whore above 65 psi.
It is fine at 60psi and below.

warmonger

Check them out at
J
J
If it is moaning I would try a different fuel pump. Use the factory one to feed a high flow inline pump and go from there.

Just call me Judge.
People suck.
Life begins at 170mph...until that point it is just boring.....
J
J
warmonger i was just wondering where u put ur FPR. Did you replace the old one or did u remotley locate it somewhere. I have one right now and haven't installed it yet cause im not sure exactly where to put it. Any help would be appreciated

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
W
OP Offline
W
I modified the factory FPR. As for the moaning, I figured out that it was being caused by unforseen circumstances.

I tapped out the vacuum port on the fpr to accept an 8-32 screw. Then I used it to apply pressure to the piston that closes of the fuel port on the regulator. Worked good at first, but when the car got hot I had the moaning issue.
1st, if the screw is too high, then the manifold will touch and push down on the regulator. The metal will flex so you can get it on, but closes off the valve and then the pressure jumps to about 80 psi. Fixing that allows easy adjustments except for one more issue.
When the car was cold and I adjusted the screw, I could get the exact pressure I needed. That was fine, then I would button it up and drive it. Soon it would start moaning again, and the pressure was up to 80 psi again. The chamber was not vented (because the screw was blocking it) so the trapped air expanded and applied way more pressure. I solved this by grooving the screw with a dremel on one side. Then you can use a small nut threaded up the screw close to the top to lock down the screw to the right adjustment.

The only problem with this setup is that the pressure is fixed, and the pcm needs to have a pressure jump when you hit full throttle. It seems to work fine to keep it from being too lean at WOT though.

I don't think there are many aftermarket FPR's that will fit in the location. I only had 1/4" to play with above the stock fpr.

You will have to find someone that actually got an aftermarket to fit. Obviously I'm too cheap to spend money on something I can modify myself.

wamonger
good luck.

Check them out at

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard